The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Euro Extravaganza

2nd and last day in singapore, currently sitting in an airport waiting to board a flight to Manchester, England via Helsinki.

We walked back up orchid road past some of yesterday’s spot and I got to a chance to check out the security response to skating

#selfie heelflip taken by dad haha

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br>

and another (fs 180 this time), probably the only selfies you’re likely to see on this thread

more street goodness

This double set was ridiculously good

totally doable, any one feeling lucky?

Checked out 2 more parks today, this one was pretty cool, not too far from one of the major shopping districts called Orchid Road, it’s old and prefabricated but it has some fun novelty factor to it.

this thing was real fun

intimidating locals

Ripping it up

then there was this mini facility setup up in a University, cool concept for the students (and faculty?!). Not sure what the deal with opening hours are but its located in one of the Polytechnic uni’s

some of the ramps/ledges are made of this hardened plastic, it does grinds/slide though, just proves to be pretty slippery for ramp surfaces.

Well I’d better catch this flight to the UK so I’m done for today.

That scooter is epic! it has a water pistol LOL

Awesome thread man. I’m in London now, checked out Southbank skatepark yesterday, hopefully buy a new board so I can skate soon.

Singapore looks rad. Almost makes me wish I was stopping there instead of Dubai on my way home from Europe! LOL

So sick, Cameron! Frothing on these photos! thumbsup

Just looked again at that plastic ledge. Thats the new recycled plastics tht a lot of new park benches etc are being made of. They slide so good as a ledge and dont hack up, but imagine would be slippery as a ramp

Yeah as a ledge it’s pretty fun & different, definitely works with a little wax, feels almost like hard-wood.

The ramps werent exactly the same, more of a wood/synthetic/plastic blend, but yeah inconsistently slippery.

Not much been going on lately, more family stuff, checked out a park or two, I’ll chuck up some flicks, possibly in time for when the three people reading this wake up.

Apologies for my adherent slackness over the last week or so guys. It hasn’t been for lack of trying, I’ve just been super busy most waking moments of the day. But after already cranking out about 8 hours worth of work on the computer today it’s time to update this thing.

So out of Singapore I’ve spent almost a week North of Manchester, with family in a town called Nelson (near Burnley) mainly been up to family stuff with the only break from that being to check out the odd park here or there.

Like this number in a small town called skipton, sort of emulates everything english, with it’s cobble stone & rough ground. Definitely a bit more challenging than most parks you’d find back home.

Then hit this one a couple days later, pretty cool mix of street & bowl, with a 6ft (in the deep) bowl and some ledges reminiscent to that of London’s world famous Southbank. Not a bad roll although when you’re on your own in 30 degree heat, not much is being achieved, that’s for sure.

couldn’t help myself

Then last weekend I went to visit my friend Phil who lives in Manchester, and being the amazing host he is, he took me in, gave me my own room to sleep in, made sure I never had to buy food & introduced me to most of the Black sheep team.

Black Sheep is a core skateshop in Manchester & Stockport with one of the most legit teams I’ve met, if you’re ever in the area check it out, these guys are legit. http://www.blacksheepstore.co.uk/

This is a typical Sunday session for ‘em, good times.