The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ultimate Boarder contest

09 rankings….
Dave Downing took 7th place overall, Ranking 5th in snowboarding, 7th in surfing and 27th in skateboarding.
Go Dave!
I’ve always liked DD. He has said before if he wasnt a pro snowboarder, he’d be a pro surfer. I never knew him to skate, though… very nice.
Interesting competition.

It all took place in April, but I just heard about it now.

snowslider - 29 June 2009 12:00 AM

09 rankings….
Dave Downing took 7th place overall, Ranking 5th in snowboarding, 7th in surfing and 27th in skateboarding.
Go Dave!
I’ve always liked DD. He has said before if he wasnt a pro snowboarder, he’d be a pro surfer. I never knew him to skate, though… very nice.
Interesting competition.

It all took place in April, but I just heard about it now.

I had no idea they had such a contest.. good idea though, they are all similar in technique

is it televised or anything?

It sounds like fun do they have a team version like one person skates one surfs and one snowboards?????

Hey snowslider, do you have all the other results? Shaun White would have won no doubt.

chad shetler won
i dont think many pro snowboarders were involved?

but yeah shaun white would have had a good chance with his skate boarding and snowboarding skills

dont think he competed tho

http://www.ultimateboarder.com/

Shaun would have killed it for sure. The best competition snowboarder on the planet, could almost say the same about skateboarding, and he kills it on a surfboard too.

Thanks cmat, I’m going to check it out.

one of the oz mags did a thing like this one year…all on one day from memory. surf on the south coast, skate at jindy then board at perisher.

cmat provided the link to the page.
This will bring you to the results directly.

http://www.ultimateboarder.com/viewsoloresults.php

cutting and pasting the results is sort of a sloppy display.
Shaun White wasnt in it. I think it is good that he wasnt, I mean we know he would kill it in skating and snowboarding. how good of a surfer is her, that would have been interesting. maybe he cant surf? but I say maybe it was good to not have him in it, because it gives others a chance, ya know.

Ohh he can surf. He grew up in Cali.

my money is on Michael Phelps..