The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

enties Marana - Ryan Sheckler’s Performance Skate Shoe

ETNIES OFFICIALLY RELEASES THE MARANA, RYAN SHECKLER’S NEW PERFORMANCE SKATE SHOE; A STYLE BUILT TO LAST

Today, the Much-Hyped Ryan Sheckler Skate Shoe is Available at etnies Retailers Around Australia

Nov. 26, 2012 (Lake Forest, CA) – As seen previously only on Instagram and etnies pro skateboarder Ryan Sheckler’s feet during X Games, Street League and other key 2012 skate events around the world, the etnies Marana has finally arrived. Available at etnies retailers all over the globe, the Marana, Ryan Sheckler’s latest skate shoe, was designed piece by piece, to blend strength and style. The Marana features an STI Evolution Foam™ midsole, a non-slip grip outsole and an injected rubber toe cap, making it the longest lasting shoe Ryan has ever skated. You can watch Ryan skate the Marana and explain the story behind the new style here: http://www.quattrosports.com.au/Etnies.aspx?blogid=364

The etnies Marana in red/white, $109.95 RRP Aud

Ryan Sheckler said: “I’ve been putting up photos on Instagram since I started skating the Marana’s and kids are freaking out because they want them so bad. Now they’re available and I want kids to have these. It’s amazing how long you can skate this shoe. They don’t rip, the toe cap doesn’t wear down and it’s the best jumping shoe I’ve ever had. It’s just an all-around solid skate shoe.”

The etnies Marana technology breakdown:

STI Evolution Foam™ – The innovatively crafted STI Evolution Foam™ molded midsoles in the Marana replaces your typical EVA, PU and heavy rubber with a durable, abrasion-resistant, ultra-lightweight and high-impact rebound cushioning foam. Its molecular build is resistant to abrasion and has a high-impact rebound quality so it won’t pack out when landing hard. Plus, STI Evolution Foam™ enhances the cushioning and comfort of the footbed and noticeably decreases the weight of the shoe.

Non-Slip Grip Outsole – Created with a thick herringbone tread with deep grooves, the Marana outsole has an insane grip and just doesn’t wear down with all the abuse skateboarding puts it through.

Injected Rubber Toe Cap – The Marana toe cap is fused-on with injected rubber and has no stitching making it super hard to wear through, no matter what your skate style is.

For more details and dissected photography on the Marana design, visit the new Marana product page on http://www.quattrosports.com.au/Etnies.aspx?blogid=364

Available now for $109.95, the Marana comes in the red/white Ryan has been seen wearing this year as well as an all-black color. The new performance shoe can be found at etnies retailers around Australia.

Get caught up with Ryan in this full written interview, complete with a photo spread and Under Our Feet Tour: Europe video, posted on http://www.quattrosports.com.au/Etnies.aspx?blogid=364

ETNIES MARANA IN ACTION

I like them!
Look good, functional, sheck says they’re durable.

And my skate shoes have holes in them oh oh  *you’re going to japan, don’t spend anymore money*
Shut up brain

^ Hahaha

I have already purchased a pair in red. They should be here any day now!

Nice Jezza, you gonna click your heels twice and end up in some pow pow?

They are some nice looking shoes.

LOL  There’s no place like snow, there’s no place like snow, there no place like snow.

Let me know what u think of them Jez

They only come in black or red shut eye

I was just thinking how sick it would be if they came in a whole bunch of colours.
But I guess that’s just the snowboarder in me wanting colour in everything.

Well you know it is nice when things break the norm and do have some colour.

True.
Then again, at my level of skating I don’t think I want the extra attention lol

Thing is though, doesn’t matter where your at with your skating. Having fun and looking good is where it’s at.

C J Parker - 11 December 2012 08:35 PM

Thing is though, doesn’t matter where your at with your skating. Having fun and looking good is where it’s at.

Man speaks the truth! Go out and pretend to shred!

New colourway. I want. These shoes are so comfy!

Found a place that is selling them and found out that they are way too slim for my feet and will destroy them. Oh well everyone enjoy the ones you have.