The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The perils of a snowboarder trying to skate

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. 50-50 by just reaching the top not actually putting your wheels down on the deck. That’s how you start learning 50-50s and axle stalls anyway.

just made a little gif of my mate.

Just seen all the updates in this thread, dont know how I missed them for so long.

Nice work guys shaka

LowGuido, is that concrete mini you were dropping into in Canberra?

yeah It is in Canberra.
I usually skate belco now, but I was learning at that concrete mini before I got the balls to play in the big park LOL

cool, I remember skating that mini when I was a teenager! It was the first place I learnt nose/tail stalls and rock to fakies + fakie rocks

yeah there is a handful of 4’ mini’s about Canberra that were installed in the 70 or 80s they are not bad.
but belco is so nice and smooth.
a mate and I have started a new game in belco called “death train” where we all bomb the snake run straight after one another, stay as close as possible and try to go as fast as we can, if one person messes it up anyone behind finds out why we call it death train.
fun as hell though!

haha! That sounds like fun!

for some reason my gif above keeps breaking so i’ll just put a link here
http://postimg.org/image/ns6aiijft/

being that its Go skateboarding day today I couldnt let the day pass without going for a skate, so I got up this morning and headed out straight away.
I instagramed a pic of my skate.
http://instagram.com/p/azRgpTiSWD/

Im trying to get my mate to learn skateboarding so that I dont have to skate alone as often, heres a quick video we took the other day.

Well I got back to belco last night after almost a year of not skating any park, and it was good to convince a few mates into coming and skating with me.
I am definitely not where I was last time I was in the park. I felt like I had to re learn everything. Dropping in was just as scary as the first time, and it took me all night to work out how to rock to fakie again. but I got there and had a good time doing it. Im gonna try and get down there at least once a week if I can.