The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2013

With the snow season just around the corner, I figured it’s timing to start the official Thredbo thread for 2013. Who’s purchased a season pass this season?

If you haven’t seen this yet, they are currently running a promotion for a 6-day Flexi Pass.

I can’t wait to get down there! I really missed Thredbo last season. cool smile

Thought I would post this to keep it up the top and easy to find

Don’t forget the Official Shred is being held at Thredbo this year.

Friday, September 13th, until Friday, September 20th.

More details here - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/13053/

rider26 - 01 May 2013 01:55 PM

With the snow season just around the corner, I figured it’s timing to start the official Thredbo thread for 2013. Who’s purchased a season pass this season?

If you haven’t seen this yet, they are currently running a promotion for a 6-day Flexi Pass.

I love the “<font size =“4”>SKI ANY 6 DAYS FOR ONLY $84</font> <font size=“0.1”>per day</font>” Not bad value, the cliche marketing just made me lol.

allllmost small enough you cant see it haha

Koper - 01 May 2013 02:43 PM
rider26 - 01 May 2013 01:55 PM

I love the “<font size =“4”>SKI ANY 6 DAYS FOR ONLY $84</font> <font size=“0.1”>per day</font>” Not bad value, the cliche marketing just made me lol.

I’ve got my season pass, keener than an ant Eater on ants for the season to start cheese

I was just thinking about when I should book a week off (and maybe a 4 or 5 day weekend other than the June one), thinking mid July to mid August,  some time during these times (not school holidays)

Anyone else doing a holiday around these times?

I could possibly head down with ya mate, wouldnt be able to confirm until closer though

deanobruce - 02 May 2013 05:06 PM

I could possibly head down with ya mate, wouldnt be able to confirm until closer though

Righteo cool, let me know whenever

2nd week after school hols is the best, most uncrowded, good snow of the season.
1st week following is also good but you have a few holiday stragglers.

Howdy all, I’ve been away from boardworld for a while now. I didn’t use it all that much to begin with, but seeing as I’m working at Thredbo this season, I’m back, single and ready to mingle. haha jokes. But I’ll be a regular on BW now :D
Thought I may as well say this here, seeing as it’s the thredbo 2013 thread.
I’m working at a bar.. Not too sure which one yet! But it’s employment with Thredbo themselves and I am stoked as! Can’t wait!!

Awesome DannyB!
It will either be The Bistro, Lounge, Schuss, Cascades or Keller.
Could be a combo of the lot until they know where your most suited. Generally you will be in Bistro unless you’ve done seasons past. Have you?

Make sure to let us know where you end up, I’ll surely hunt you down and say hi.

DannyB - 09 May 2013 05:51 PM

Howdy all, I’ve been away from boardworld for a while now. I didn’t use it all that much to begin with, but seeing as I’m working at Thredbo this season, I’m back, single and ready to mingle. haha jokes. But I’ll be a regular on BW now :D
Thought I may as well say this here, seeing as it’s the thredbo 2013 thread.
I’m working at a bar.. Not too sure which one yet! But it’s employment with Thredbo themselves and I am stoked as! Can’t wait!!

You’ll get to see the best/worst in most of us BW members come shred time this year billy shaka LOL

DylanV - 09 May 2013 06:31 PM

You’ll get to see the best/worst in most of us BW members come shred time this year billy shaka LOL

Hahaha

Seriously Danny Congrats!

Good choice of job!

Mainly nights!
Working for Thredbo so you get a pass!
And you are paid hotel award wages (penalty rates etc!)

Best job!

ozgirl - 09 May 2013 08:40 PM

Seriously Danny Congrats!

Good choice of job!

Mainly nights!
Working for Thredbo so you get a pass!
And you are paid hotel award wages (penalty rates etc!)

Best job!

Maybe even a few tips in there from international visitors (or drunk people that can’t count)

I’ve received an email from Thredbo, they’ve given me a start date, being the 6th of June. Nice and early!

I have not worked at thredbo, or at the snow before, but I’ve worked at a bar for the past 3 years and I agreed to driving the ‘troop’ bus, for other bar staff, up to Thredbo and back, at the beginning and end of shifts.
This gives me some extra pay, saves myself on petrol and KMS on my car, and I’d have been driving anyway, perhaps! So I agreed, and Nick (a manager), said this would get me there earlier in the season, and it seems it has; as many staff don’t start until the 17th of June, I believe.

Spaz;
I believe I am working at the ‘Hotel’. Whether that is an official name for the place, or I’ve just assumed wrongly, I don’t know.

Dylan;
Haha, can’t wait!

Ozgirl;
Yes and I already had bought an early-bird season pass last year! Before I had decided on working at Thredbo. I wonder if I can get a refund or something; perhaps transfer it to a friend, if not, that’s a fair whack of money down the drain :(
The penalty rates will be excellent. Despite working in the hospitality industry for 3 years, while studying and such, I haven’t received penalty rates, yet. this is due to some BS ‘rewards agreement’... Oh well, I guess!

TJ;
Yes, tips should hopefully be plentiful wink haha!

Danny
dance

Edit, Holy crap Ozgirl, I love your profile picture. haha. Is that mean, that I like it!? haha.