The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Name the break

Na Spaz, it’s not that big and it’s in Australia, will add some more clues if needed.  Looking at it again I can definitely see how you could thinks it’s massive without anyone in shot for reference but believe me it’s only about 4ft, I know as I took the pic.  It is a fairly well known break as well, the most famous in the area at any rate.

Ahhh! Well I’ve not ever surfed (or even checked the spot so am unfamiliar with how it looks, but since I do know most spots around the nth beaches I reckon it must be Long Reef ?

The wave kinda looks like Cowries at High Tide, but the rocks just don’t look familiar?????

What state, Nthn?????

Nicely pointed out that NBG didn’t say it was local to his area - thats how I read it.

Naahhh to close to the shore to be Mav’s i think.. This one has me stumped!! Can i phone a friend? wink

Long Reef???

I don’t think Mavericks is far from shore?????

It does have cliffs near it though, and the water is dark, cold, weedy lookin!!!!!

Or maybe I dreamt the whole thing!!!!! It’s very possible!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 12 April 2013 12:29 PM

The wave kinda looks like Cowries at High Tide, but the rocks just don’t look familiar?????

These were my exact thoughts…the rocks are definitely wrong though.

Victoria fellas and not the surf coast either!

Phillip isl?

Yes Spaz now name the spot!

Berrys?

Nope, it’s the biggest name spot there as far as I’m concerned.

Spaz, there was a very good reason I chose that image, specifically that I didn’t name it in photobucket so the URL wouldn’t give the game away ha ha ha!

hehehe

I’m not gonna just go and guess one break at a time - not that familiar with the place, despite knowing people that grew up there. So it’s either open to someone else to name it, NBG to post another or give it to me for picking Phillip Isl.