The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

how could you make skateboarding easier to learn?

how could you make skateboarding easier to learn?

Remove the rolling across concrete bit smile

Azz - 11 February 2013 08:36 AM

not to mention the falling bit. if you go into settings and lower the gravity level i heard its easier to ollie higher

Depends really, there are so many factors you can change, but it all comes down to how you want to skate.

C J Parker - 11 February 2013 06:31 PM

Depends really, there are so many factors you can change, but it all comes down to how you want to skate.

thx CJ, I’m actually trying to do an essay on skateboarding, is there anymore I should know about

Turbaned turtle - 11 February 2013 11:27 AM
Azz - 11 February 2013 08:36 AM

not to mention the falling bit. if you go into settings and lower the gravity level i heard its easier to ollie higher

I was thinking more on the reality side of things

I like that skateboarding is hard. I makes u appreciate it so much more when u finally get something u have been trying. I like that it takes years of practice and aquifer skill to be a good skateboarder. It means that those who really stick with it are passionate about it because they have put their everything into getting better, not just those who do it as a fad.
It’s Sposed to be hard and I don’t think it should be easier.
My thoughts anywy wink

If it was easy it would spread like a disease, in a similar way scootering has these last few years teacherboy

Exactly

mug_li - 11 February 2013 09:01 PM
C J Parker - 11 February 2013 06:31 PM

thx CJ, I’m actually trying to do an essay on skateboarding, is there anymore I should know about

Quite a fair bit Mug_li to know about skating. PM what your essay is about and I can see what I give you in information.

Remove the wheels and trucks, strap the skate shoes to the board and then use it on snow…. oh wait…. nevermind.

Andy Aitken - 22 February 2013 03:48 AM

Remove the wheels and trucks, strap the skate shoes to the board and then use it on snow…. oh wait…. nevermind.

Ha ha love it Andy.  ollie