The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

I lost my kickflips

Okay I have no idea how this happened but a couple days ago I had kickflips on lock like I have had for the past 3 months then all of a sudden, I can barely do them. I just completely lost them. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please please please tell me how to fix it.

Where did you last put them?

I know the feeling mate. Have you recently done you ankle in?

Here is a video that may give you some pointers.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/skateboarding/content/category/kickflip-trick-tip/

Let us know how you get on.

thanks for the trick tip! im starting to get them back again. Theyre starting to get pretty consistent, but not as consistent as before but either way im glad i can do kickflips first try again. And i just got a whole new setup so i think when i break that in i’ll have an easier time doing them.

New setups are awesome, the only annoying thing is having to break in trucks again. You may have had that grind groove or had the stiffness of your trucks just right. Either way it can set you back a notch sometimes. Glad we could help you back on your road to kickyville.

Yeah the fact that my trucks weren’t broken in threw me off in the kickflip area. As much as i love my new setup, it can get super frustrating to get the feel for it sometimes. And thanks for helping too! Im just glad i ca do them again thanks to you guys haha

Mate I feel your pain. I had kick flips on lock like a year and a half ago and then I stopped skating flat for like 6 months and haven’t been able to land one since :/