The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ollieing stairs

Hi, I am new to boardworld

I just started skateboarding and I would like to know more about it.

I would like to know how does ollieing 10 stairs affect the skateboard and the body?

cheese

Hey mug_li, welcome to Boardworld. cool smile

Have you watched our trick tip on how to ollie stairs?

I wouldn’t worry too much about your deck. Good quality decks are made to take a beating. Your body on the other hand, well, you need to be careful and skate within your ability. Start small and gradually build up. It takes skill, strength and conditioning. No doubt heavy impacts take a toll on your joints, but with strength conditioning, stretching and good technique, you should be fine.

Check it out: https://www.boardworld.com.au/skateboarding/content/category/ollie-stairs-trick-tip/

mug_li - 04 February 2013 08:47 AM

Hi, I am new to boardworld

I just started skateboarding and I would like to know more about it.

I would like to know how does ollieing 10 stairs affect the skateboard and the body?

cheese

hay dude welcome to b.w

okay first thing first olling 10 stairs has alot of impact and its the sort of thing you do after years of sk8ing.
boards break and ligaments tear when trying to take on large sets of steps.

check my trick tip out and i will explain everything in the video.

cheers

Hey mug_li, welcome to BW.

With stairs it is key to start small and build you way up. That way you are going to have the confidence and also know the impact you are going to get when you go bigger. Learning to take the impacts and knowing when to bail are going to be the thing that helps your board and body survive. Landing bolts will always be a plus for your board. Thing is the amount of damage any set of stairs can do is all down to how you skate them. Guys have popped their shoulders out on a 2 set.

There was some research done on much pressure comes from olling stairs, can’t remember which mag it was in but its a lot.

Just remember skate what you know and progress from there, and learn to take the impacts. Keep your knees bent.

thx people, really helpful:)