The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Heelflip problems

Ive been skating since April 2012, but still I cant get my heelflips to become consistent. Well, I kick at around 130 degrees(regular) and I can only catch it with my front foot. But when I do land it, my backfoot gets toe drag. Ive been trying a lot of footings but I still cant get it right. Its been like this for months! Tips anyone? =) Thanks in advance!

basically thats my footing. I’m regular footed. I keep my shoulders square with the board, and my head turned a little. with my back foot, I pop that back corner really good, and slide my foot a little up, then flip the boards forwards

Heelflips can be a tricky one, the main thing that you need to remember it is basically an ollie but you are flicking your foot of the end of the board.

Check the trick tip for heelflips.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/skateboarding/content/category/heelflip-trick-tip/

RockenPunk looks like you might throw down a varial heel flip with that footing. But what ever works for you smile

The best advice I had was you treat them like a kick flip fairly similar footing positiion but of course you flick with your heel. You will have to kick a little harder.

Thanks for the replies! Im getting them down but from time to time, I still get that toe drag on my back foot. Oh well!