The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skating + Fishing Spot

Hey, does anyone happen to know a good fishing spot that’s close by to a skatepark in NSW? I’m guessing parks near beaches would be the most obvious but I don’t know if the beaches themselves are any good for fishing. Wanted to incorporate some skating into my holiday trip smile

Ballina skate park is pretty fun from memory, and I’m pretty sure there is good fishing up there!

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. Does anyone know if Maroubra is any good for fishing? I looked up a few skateparks near beaches but I’m not sure whether the beaches are any good for fishing themselves.

I don’t think there is amazing fishing at the beaches but I often see people casting off the rocks (Bondi etc.).

On the central coast, most parks are a 20ish minute drive to the beach.
Umina park is right on Umina Beach. So you can skate till you get too hot and then cool off with a surf/body surf etc. I’m sure there would be fishing around there some where. I was fishing in Woy Woy there a few days ago.
Umina is a “wave beach lol” but everywhere else around it are fishing spots.

Is this holiday based on fishing or skating?

Might be easier to pick out the areas you might like to go fishing and then see which ones have good skateparks nearby

The trip’s more fishing based. Skating’s mostly for me so I don’t want to choose a beach with a super cool park and ruin everyone else’s fishing experience. Anyone know any good fishing spots in Newcastle or Wollongong?