The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thirroul wants a Skate Park

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thirroul-Wants-A-Skate-Park/201116123319521
Think of it as a petition and help your brothers out. “like” this page please.

Thirroul used to have one of the only permanent Skate Parks in Australia. Located inside Anita’s Theatre! until developers wanted to renovate and turn it into shop fronts and a Theatre again. Which was kind of ok because they do get the odd band in there now but for over 15 years there hasn’t been any public space for local skaters to ride.

Thirroul is a beach-side suburb north of Wollongong and an epic place to live, but not without a skate park!

Liked.

I reckon on the grass behind headies tennis courts would be a great place to build one. Already toilets there, and a bus stop. Heaps of space that goes unused 99% of the year and easily accessible!

I often fantasise that Headies carpark would make a great location for a surf/skate festival - Set up a skatepark made from mobile skate structures.

Yeah, AGREED great location for a permanent park.

You cant have it there…thats where I want my artificial turf 7 a side field! you can have the skate park on the beach at thirroul wink

Multi story venue.  Skatepark at ground level, with a roof that is a artificial turf pitch on top wink