The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Morocco

Hi, guys!
Need your help!))
We are planning to go to Morocco in April, but don’t want to book a hotel or that kind of stuff…wanna go on our own. Just take a tent and camp somewhere on the beach near Agadir.
The question is: is it possible?)) We are two russian girls…
What about wild camping in Morocco?
Or maybe somebody can help us with finding cheap camping site?
And what about waves in April there? We are not beginners, but not professional surfers))
And will it be possible to buy there some used surf board and wet suit?
We will be thankful for any help)))
Cheers))

Sorry, never been to Morocco, but I have mates who have been. Will try and ask them and get back to you!

Pretty wild and wooly surf trip especially for girls.  Not meaning to come across as sexist but Morocco is an Islamic third world country, they are more liberal than many Islamic states but it would pay to do your research into the areas you are planning to travel to and if single women will be safe in those areas.  Have aread of this, it does to tend to err on the side of caution but it does give you some info

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Morocco

Maybe email these guys and see what they can tell you

http://www.morocsurf.com/advanced-surfing-holiday.html

nthnbeachesguy - 09 September 2012 09:44 PM

Pretty wild and wooly surf trip especially for girls.  Not meaning to come across as sexist but Morocco is an Islamic third world country, they are more liberal than many Islamic states but it would pay to do your research into the areas you are planning to travel to and if single women will be safe in those areas.  Have aread of this, it does to tend to err on the side of caution but it does give you some info

thank you for this info)))
will try to find out places where women will be safe)) if it is possible)))

As it’s just the two of you I would probably look at a surf camp where your transfers are all looked after and you will be in the company of others most of the time.  Two single women camping may be a bit of a problem, if I had daughters I would prefer they went on a boat trip to Indonesia!

Heyy lifelover, you might be in luck I’m going to be going to Morocco for a couple of days in the middle of November, and I working with a surf camp over their. I’ll tell you how it goes and will probably be able to hook you guys up with some deals smile

Be sure to post some pics up for the rest of us, boardergirl!!!!!

Prease!!!!! cheese

hahaha will do mizu. getting a spanking new camera from my friend!! yay.

Sweet!!!!!  shaka

MOROCCCCO ISS SWEETT!! and the people running it are realllyy nice will do a trip report!!

Lookin forward to it boardergirl!!!!!  cool grin

Morocco

I Swishing everything I did into one because I am in Poland, where the internet is slow and deciding to get a snowboard!

2 Days by myself in Morocco was definitely not long enough. I basically, spent 2 days there because I came into contact with these guys (http://www.morocco-surf.com/)  and I am basically a sales Rep for them! smile But I’m heading back there middle of the year for some more fun! Hopefully, if I don’t get into the university exchange in Canada!

I arrived pretty late in Morocco and was picked up by there Cab driver. Note to tourist it will be extremely hard to take a cab there haha but they had me sorted! The Cabs there are crazy they try to fit approximately 7 people including the driver in one Cab. 3 in the front and 4 in the back.. To save money.

The waves near the hostel were more beginner waves but they organize trips up the coast for more advance surfers and apparently there is a spot called X where all the locals go to or people who have local knowledge go. I actually wish i stayed longer to surf some waves but lucky enough if u guys ever head over their and just mention Vy (or Fatima the Australian) you should get a discount and the guys are a lot of help!

Other advices on Morrocco, don’t fly directly there, fly to Europe, surf spain or europe and then fly to Marrakech not Agadir where I flew. It is a lot cheaper and I am pretty sure you can snowboard there (the Roxy girls did) before heading for a surf and its a lot more lively then Agadir where the hostel is near.

On my trip I got high jack by locals and taken hostage, they basically fed me Moroccan food and offered me a place to stay next time i’m in Morocco, actually the high jacking became easier because I am pretty fluent in french. I was in Banana village, don’t know if many people knew but it was named by Jimmy Hendriks when he visited the place. Anyways enough about me talking, check out the website, email me or them if you have any questions and the pictures of everything is below! You can figure out what things are… But the website has heaps more sweet photos and the youtube links a def worth a watch.

Now to wait to hit the mountains woohooooooo smile

The clip was made by a group of surfers i forgot from where I think it was Russia!

And they are giving away a free surf trip on their facebook. Airfares are not included.

I gave up uploading pictures… It’s taking tooo long…...these pictures are whatever loaded the quickest…...actually i have to learn to resize them….

Me too I will go to maroco before 31/11/2013 maybe I will see you there Xd !

Loumi