The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Trip Report Contest 2012

Shit yeh congrats guys!

Mudhoney - 09 November 2012 11:50 PM

The prizes arrived this week.  A huge thanks to BW, rider26 and the sponsors!  Really happy with the gear and can’t wait for next season!

T.Rice Pro 153
Flux RK30 bindings
Burton Poacher jacket

What board are ya gonna bolt the RK’s to, Mud?????

Mizu Kuma - 10 November 2012 02:37 AM

I reckon I’ll put the RKs on the Tasman to replace the Nitro Raidens which are pretty much falling apart.  I will most likely share the SF45s that are currently on the Signal OG with the T.Rice.  I might give the RKs a spin on the T.Rice, too, to see if I can notice a big difference.  The RKs look pretty firm toe-to-heel, but very soft laterally so they may also work ok on the T.Rice.

Got a question for people with Mervin boards - do I need to do anything to protect the tip and tail, since the metal edge does not wrap all the way around?

drc13 - 10 November 2012 12:23 AM

Nice Mud!

I’ve haven’t managed to spend my trip report or member of the week prizes yet!

Haha are you saving them up?

Mudhoney - 10 November 2012 03:27 AM

I reckon I’ll put the RKs on the Tasman to replace the Nitro Raidens which are pretty much falling apart.  I will most likely share the SF45s that are currently on the Signal OG with the T.Rice.  I might give the RKs a spin on the T.Rice, too, to see if I can notice a big difference.  The RKs look pretty firm toe-to-heel, but very soft laterally so they may also work ok on the T.Rice.

Got a question for people with Mervin boards - do I need to do anything to protect the tip and tail, since the metal edge does not wrap all the way around?

Yeah, not to sure how they’ll go on the TRice, as they’re really meant for a softer flexin board, but ya never know!!!!! Ya SF’s will def be right for the TRice though!!!!!

As for the missin edge, I’d just try to avoid any impacts on the ends of the metal, as this might dislodge them!!!!! I don’t think it’s a big issue though as ya don’t hear/read of any complaints!!!!!

Mudhoney - 10 November 2012 03:28 AM
drc13 - 10 November 2012 12:23 AM

Nice Mud!

I’ve haven’t managed to spend my trip report or member of the week prizes yet!

Haha are you saving them up?

Hah nah just after a few back and forwards emails with Jez I can’t actually find anything in my size/colour etc available. Having said that I didn’t know hardware like boards/bindings were available but maybe that’s only for the major prize winners.

I’m glad you posted your stuff hopefully everyone else posts what they scored!

truck driving school offer special prices for AZ, B,C,D,F $299, Forklife, call now 416-745-5700. truck driving school toronto

Mudhoney - 10 November 2012 03:27 AM

Not really an issue Mud, don’t have any dramas on either of my Mervin boards with the lack of metal at the tips.  I wouldn’t worry about it mate, 153 is a bit shorter than what you normally ride?