The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tre flip problems…again

Ok so I finally landed a tre today (Yayy!!) but now when I try them I always land on the nose. How can I prevent that?

Hey mate! Tres are a tricky one to figure out sometimes and it is a trick where both feet really need to work together, the back foot is the scoop and the front is the flip.
A lot of learners land on the nose, I did too!
basically what you need to work on is learning to push the board forward while you’re scooping with that back foot, the more you practice it the easier it becomes smile

jtskates528 - 10 October 2012 11:40 PM

Ok so I finally landed a tre today (Yayy!!) but now when I try them I always land on the nose. How can I prevent that?

hi dude.
tres are hard to do…..thats first thing…take your time.

okay first thing is you want to just make the board tre and land the right side up but with out landing on it.

do this about 20 times and make sure the board lands just in front perfect every time.

now that you have control of the board and you can place a tre in front of you every time just start to land both feet on it.

its about controlling the board under your feet.

good luck.

mitch

Okay so I have to questions, first, I tried to do the tip that mitch gave me and I could flip the board and make it stay in front of me but when I tried land on it, I just kept landing on the nose :-( and second, how do I scoop the board forwards? Haha it always confuses me when I try it. Anyways thanks guys!!

-JT

P.S. baskwith, your videos are sick!!

Watch this clip mate, and pay attention to the bac foot and the scoop. Especially in the slo mo. You will see how the scoop involves the pull back of the foot scooping the board, then the toe flicks towards the front of the board at the last part of it. This is how you scoop the board forward instead of just throwing it out infront of you