The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What is it that makes people want to ride rails???

Poll: Do you like rails in snowboarding?
Total Votes: 17
I love rails! Slopestyle would kinda suck without it.
Meh, rails are okay
I like watching the pros, but I don’t want to hit rails myself
Not a fan of rails at all

shaka

skip11 - 12 September 2012 07:32 AM

6 points for trees (nicely spaced trees, I hate tight trees)

Arthur’s Choice at Whistler for the win. I’m sure you would have done some laps there skip

Yep, I like Arthur’s Choice. First time I went there was my 7th time snowboarding in spring morning (icyyy), injured my ribs (torn rib cartilage) hahah. Ever since I only go there on good days lol.

Aidy or Andy, either of you can add a poll to the first post if you wanted too, both mods here. And dont think the post would care, hasnt posted since

True.

I can’t figure out how to do it though lol.

Hit edit on the first post. There should be a button on the page saying add poll

Done cool smile

I wouldn’t go quite as far as saying I ‘love’ rails lol LOL (bit of a love hate relationship) but I do like them, and I don’t think snowboarding would be the same without them.

where do boxes come in? Do they count as a rail?

Cos I don’t like rails but I do like boxes.

I’d say they count, same concept, just a different type - kinda like how natural hits or spines are still jumps or “airs”.

cords - 12 September 2012 11:56 PM

where do boxes come in? Do they count as a rail?

Cos I don’t like rails but I do like boxes.

Yep, sure do. Boxes are a type of rail.

They are just something to slide on. A parks rail line can consist of only boxes and still be called the rail line or jib line.