The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Riding behind a boat?

Didn’t really know where to post this, but does anybody here wake board, water ski, knee board, or anything of the like?

I life in the heart of america, where there is no ocean or waves anywhere close. Last weekend, I went out on a lake 3 hours away, first time behind a boat (except for tubing when I was 9) and learned how to water ski, knee board, wake board on two different kinds of boards, and this disk thing I don’t even know the name of. it took me awhile to get used to some of them, while others I picked it right up. I’ll post pictures here when I can, but in the mean time, I want to hear what you all do!

Done a little bit of wakeboarding and really, really enjoyed it. Don’t know anyone with a boat now, though!

Have done a little bit of wakeboarding and love it however I assume like most finding someone with a boat is the only thing stopping me from riding more.

I wakeboard whenever I can. Absolutely love it. I used to waterski which I also loved. But it just feels better being on a board. We’ve done a bunch of surfing and wakeboarding behind my jetski. Super fun!

Post up some photos! I’m spending the summer in Australia so I will be back in the water a lot. I actually have a brand new wakeboard here which I haven’t even used yet. Can’t wait to get back behind a boat or jetski, or even at cables. Do you have cable wakeboarding anywhere near you?

This is the one near me. http://www.cableswakepark.com/ - I used to go there a lot as a kid, then they shut down for many years. Now it’s reopened (a couple of years ago) and I can’t wait to check it out.

The cable park they had in Melbourne shut down.

:(

Need to find some friends with a boat.

I have a couple of friends with boats who I wake with, but no where near as much as I’d like too. Love wakeboarding. Really keen to try wake skating. Thinking of putting in with my brother to get a tinny, or a 3seater ski to do wakeskating on.

Yeh the one in Melbourne, at Carribean Gardens in Knoxfield, doesnt run. Dont think they got enough business

I have wakeboarded twice, and I loved it.
In fact one of the reasons I started snowboarding is because wakeboarding is too difficult and expensive round here.

I have been wakeboarding for a fair few years now, i love to get out as much as possible and plan on teaching a few of my mates on boardworld how to wakeboard this summer to. I have given wakeskating a go aswell, not heaps as it needs to be pretty glassy conditions on the river to get the hang of it, i can stand up and carve on it, but havent been able to stick any jumps yet haha.

4ce_full - 10 September 2012 12:55 AM

plan on teaching a few of my mates on boardworld how to wakeboard this summer

Woo can’t wait! Summer is going to be great, Beach, Wakeboarding (well trying to) and Japan!  shaka