The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What to do next?

Alright, so i’ve stepped into each area of skateboarding a bit,

Street: Kickflip, heelflip, fs and bs shoves, 180 ollies, a few little switch things all solid. I’m on and off with varial flips, hospital flips, bigspins, and such. I have basic grinds down, 50-50, willy, tailslides, and I can 180 out of some of em.

Vert: I can rock to fakie on smaller ramps, axel stall almost anywhere, learning 50-50s, nose stall and tail stall, and I recently learned how to pump around bowls

Freestyle: I can get into rail stand 3 different ways (I don’t know many names of tricks, so bear with me), primo flip, pogo for a bit, 50-50, handstand finger flip, and some other goofy things

What should I go to next? I feel like I have the basics everywhere, where should I focus on? Or should I keep what I’m doing, lots of variation. What do you enjoy watching?

I would say either just plain old enjoy skating in everyway possible.
Other thing is get into skating one or two areas and developing in those areas more. When you try and skate a lot of different styles I find you do get lost in the other styles sometimes.

Impressive list! Curious about your railstand, do you mind describing your three methods/styles? I can only get into a railstand with the grip behind me but can only primo flip with the grip facing forward.

Well for one, you can just push your toes down and hop, land in a rail stand (grip facing forwards)

You can flip the board halfway from grip backwards to forwards

If you are riding regular, slow down by sliding on your tail, put your left foot on the trucks lowest to the ground, push the board to the right, while making the board turn so the grip is facing behind you. As you turn in with your left foot, jump off your right foot and land in a rail stand.

Lol if that makes sense, yeah