The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

kickflip help

It’s really more commitment if your front foot is always off the board. You have to grow some and just go for it or even try rolling and commit to landing.

Can also be where your back foot is kicking your board in the air. Snap it right in the middle of the tail.

When I try to kickflip, my back foot Does everything perfectly. My front foot flicks up and when I try to land it, it ends up on the side of the board, not on it. I might flicking my foot too far from the board or flicking it down even if i dont know it. I think it’s stuck in my muscle memory, if you know what I mean.

I’ve also even trying holding onto like a rail an kickfliping. It’s slightly easier because I concentrate on what my left foot is doing. I flick it almost perfect. My rotation is pretty solid as well, but then my left food still ends up on the side of the board. It’s really annoying.. I swear I’m just naturally bad at skating lol :(

I can do a kickflip stand still but when i try and do it moving its like a hole new trick :-(

its all about committing dude. You gotta want it. If you have the technique down and the board is flipping appropriate and you’ve got your back foot on then you just need to commit to it. it’ll get there dude.

like others, i can land my back foot on, but i flick my front foot off and down.
when i try flick my front foot out , i cant get the pop :(

What I did to learn Kickflips, was to just try and get both feet on the board, whether or not it did the full rotation or not. You just gotta build the commitment to landing it. It’s hard at first, but it gets better smile

Gamblor - 17 May 2012 06:21 AM

learning kickflips is def on my to-do list!

Yep. Same with me.

thirdplace - 31 July 2012 12:19 AM

Yep. Same with me.

you guys should probably start learning soon, trust me, it takes a while smile

jamesskates - 31 July 2012 06:44 PM
thirdplace - 31 July 2012 12:19 AM

Yep. Same with me.

I tried a few times and the board doesn’t spin. When I kick it out, the board turns 90 degrees and completely missing the point of the trick. So it’s like a 90 degree ollie.

I tried a few times and the board doesn’t spin. When I kick it out, the board turns 90 degrees and completely missing the point of the trick. So it’s like a 90 degree ollie.

maybe your back foot is doing the scooping motion(for a shuvit) rather than popping straight down, also try keep your shoulders parallel with the board

Angling your front does help as well. Around a 45 degree angle, but always experiment with this as everyone will flick differently.

I’ve pretty much got the flip around but I can’t land it. I touch the ground before the board flips around. Besides that, everything else is fine.

just remember to FLICK your foot off the concave, kinda flick up so your feet are above the board,, just keep practicing and don’t get frustrated   shaka