The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Team Progress Board.

Hey all, so i’m a little sad, this particular section of the forum doesn’t seem to be full of as much life as i would like.
I know that a lot of people on these forums are snowboarding at the moment, if not everyday then getting to the hill when they can.
Well i’d like to get a bit more of a community spirit going by encouraging people to just post up any new tricks they’ve managed to learn this season.
The idea isn’t ‘wow i landed this check me out’ its more kind of a team stoke feeling if you know what i mean.  I think it’d be nice to logon and see that so and so has just landed their first front board or hit their first park jump or grabbed nose with that spin etc…

Anyways maybe i’m just getting a bit hippie in my age but if anybody’s keen i’d like to hear how everyones doing.

For my part i’m still trying, maybe in a week or two i’ll have something to add myself…

Maybe when i get to the snow I might have a chance to hit something raspberry

I hit my first flat to down box the other day. Just 50-50 but I was stoked.

was happy that i have my front and back 3s down pat. was good because i was focusing on most the things mentioned from the snowboard addiction jumps vids and it helped heaps. tried to progress to a 5 but at shit haha. was just playin in the koflers park at buller where they had a very small jump line.
also tried on a small box fs 180 to swith nose press, and after a few goes got them going. found it heaps easier to get my weight over the nose for the press if i jumped off the toes into the 180. There was also a nice tame down rail which i was trying to get my front boards down on. Will try more on saturday smile

You know what helps me best?
Having a couple friends with me and we’re all working on a similar trick. All trying a different thing, and seeing what works and what doesnt.
I’ve made the most progress in one day with days like that. Truth is that I dont ride with many people. I’ve been riding by myself more and more. Or when I ride, people just want to tear down the mountain and not try something new. I’m always wanting to try something new… I can do what I know how to do, and get more time doing it when I’m riding by myself. When I’m with others I like to try different things, or ride something I dont normally get to ride.

For example. I really enjoy riding pipe. but it’s like 10X better when riding with someone else. especially when they are at the same level that I am.
One of my best days on the hill last season was riding with a new friend in the super pipe. super pipes are huge and they have always intimidated me. that day I was getting to the lip and a couple time, I was out of the pipe. It started looking smaller the more I was in it. It was a fast day in the pipe and I was scrubbing speed so I wouldnt charge the walls so much, this showed me that I was holding myself back… but I knew that I had to learn more about my body positioning and alignment before getting out of the pipe much more. I know that there’s much room for me to progress in the pipe.

The dry slope that I go to during the summer has a small 8 ft or so quarter pipe. It’s hard to get enough speed on it though. as it is a dry slope and it’s uphill before getting to the transition, so I have to charge it, but then my speed drops fast as I’m approaching it. I’m excited about trying new things on it.

need some snow .....

Caboose - 08 July 2010 11:08 PM

need some snow .....

I love the idea of this thread, but unfortunately I am in the same boat as Caboose. Just waiting for the big snow…

I’m glad people are getting into this thread, its nice to hear about people landing things for the first time.  bran_van your flat down post brings back happy memories.  Its a cool trick to of learnt because it allows you to branch out into so many new tricks.  For example, 50-50 the flat to tail press (5-0) the down.  Then 5-0 the whole thing, then 5-0 to 50-50 etc…

K2 have you tried switch frontside 180 into nosepress?  I find that way easier than the trick you mentioned, or was that the point.

Still nothing to report but had a dope day today none the less.

Snowslider, there are going to put a pipe in at my home mountain when it snows, been so long since i’ve had a go in one, it was the superpipe at big white and getting anywhere near the lip scared the crap out of me!  Who knows maybe in a few years there will be a boardworld convention and we can all shred together.

Nab I haven’t thought of it, definately will give it a crack next time, cheers smile
I always seem to not keep in mind approaching switch when thinking of new tricks. Somethin I should do more now I’m becoming a lot more confident in switch

came across a few boxes in Leichhardt park yesterday

all had to be ollied onto, by a couple of inches

never ollied onto boxes before as i’m not that much of a box rider, but due to lack of terrain gave it a crack

ollied onto all boxes and stomped em - not super fast and only a little tweak of a board slide action

i happy with the progress!!

Almost hit a BS180 off a rock drop… looked sick and I almost landed it. Until the pow ate the nose of the board and I got stuck :(

NZ will be seeing my 180’s and hopefully onto some better tricks soon.

Will get my pics of the rock drops we found onto the net soon smile

Id love to add something but that wount be happening until the nehe season, surfing will have to do for now

front boards and a nosepress back1 out on a down pipe, stoked!!!!

Aidy - 20 July 2010 08:59 AM

front boards and a nosepress back1 out on a down pipe, stoked!!!!

nice cool smile

cheers, just felt brave yesterday for the first time this season…

i’m heading down this weekend and going to attempt the entire front valley park jump line…every year i sketch out before the last hit.

just straight airs mind you…nothing twirly wirly yet on the cards.haha i leave spinning for the leichardt and piper parks in spring when i wont die. depends on the conditions really as to if i commit or not, i prefer to ride for the rest of the seaosn than hit a sketchy hit and disable myself.

will film/photo/helmet cam as much as possible and try for our first edit of the year.