The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Help with my ollie.

So I’ve recentally started skating again!

I’ve started learning the ollie after studying closely the how to ollie video on this website and I’ve been practicing for a few days now.

I have noticed some problems.

#1: When I land my board turns inwards. So say its facing west after I land the ollie it’s facing northwest .

#2: Most of the time after I land I either fall forwards or backwards off the board. Not like completely decking my self just like loose my footing and slightly slip off.

How can I fix these problems?  P.S I am goofy footed.

It’s the same for all feet you have to make sure your shoulders are directly over the board. If you turn your shoulders your board will turn. Make sure your front foot is also facing across your board and just getting practicing over and over til you work it out.

Try and stay centered on your board and you might need to work on your balance an easy way to work on your balance is to ride your board as much as possible and get really comfortable riding it.Hope this helps smile

Make sure you have your balance down; like riding around etc.. Then just have your shoulders parallel to the board when you try it