The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Magazine 2010

Hows this look for an idea? Once yearly we get a magazine going. Members can post an interview of themselves and some pics and we put in a few guides etc and then give them out on the mountains. If you rider could get sponsors from the board companies like Burton, 32, Dragon etc then that would pay for it and they can have an advert or 2 in there, send copies to members and we can give them out on the mountain etc. (go to Perisher bridge at 4:30pm and hand them out to people on the way out).

Would be an easy way to advertise the website. And you get members involved to make it. Most of the actual information is already on the website.

Obviously we would need to get approval for something like this to happen but it would be so awesome!

Mock Draft
Title page:

Contents:

Also posted in the progression thread but I thought people would actually look at it here.

If the cost of a magazine was too high, we could totally make a PDF internet version and send it to members and post on blogs/websites etc.

As long as there is approval from the sponsors to have them in there. (wouldn’t be too hard lol)

Great idea! This obviously isn’t something we can rush together, but definitely something I will keep in mind for the future. Who knows, you might see the Boardworld Magazine next season…?

I’m very interested to hear what everyone thinks….

Most definitely a market for it.

I’d subscribe for sure.

Cause I got nothing important to do tonight, I might see if I can mock up a few more pages.

I am guessing that a Readers Digest size would be good because you can have full pages and easy to keep in someones pocket etc for the ride home. A full magazine would run the risk of people dumping them before they get to the car because they are inconvenient.

i think its a great idea! but like you said rider, next year at least seeing your still got heaps planned with skate and surf to come

At the very earliest it would be next season, and that would really be pushing it. It has to be done right. Readers Digest size is exactly what I was thinking.

If anyone is interested in contributing content to the website (or magazine), please let me know. Even if you just have an idea for a good article to have, we can arrange to have it written.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/global/content/category/contribute

We will eventually be releasing a travel section, so for you experienced travelers out there, if you have an idea for an article let me know.

Can I pre-subscribe?

Lol no… but you can vote for me to win a prize for a good idea? hahaha

I vote for the above!!

And I also think this is a sick idea I would love to get involved with this next year when the magazine is up and runnning