The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

VANS - HALF CAB’S

I need new skate shoes reeeaaaaally bad.

I was checking out the “Anniversary Half Cabs” at the Bondi Bowlarama and they seem to be made really well.
Also they look sick wink
I wish I just bought some there and got Steve Cabalero to sign them :’(    oh well.

Does anyone have a pair?
If so what do you think of them?

I don’t ollie huge stair sets so I don’t care about impact absorption and all that jazz.
I just want shoes with the most feel for the board.

They are one of the most influential skate shoes in history (id say most) and have been round fo 20yrs for a reason mate. I have never personally used them, but im sure they would be great. I imagine they would have pretty good board feel. Mid tops protect your ankles nicely. I definatly see more transition based skaters using them oposed to skate skaters which I am always with.
I personally probably wouldnt get them, as I feel mids restrict my movement a lil bit. I much prefer lows. My shoe of choice is Nike Janoskis. Best board feel, and nothing lasts as long as the Nike sole on them.

I;d head to the store mate and try a pair on and stand on a board in there. You will be able to tell how much feel you get through the board.

Actually I can’t find them in stores anywhere here. My old work was a Vans dealer and even they didn’t have them. I was thinking about just ordering some online since I reckon it’s pretty safe to say after 20 years of tweaking they would be pretty sweet. They are really well priced too.

When I saw them at the Bowlarama I thought “They are siiiiick but I bet they’re expensive” 

Props on Vans for keeping the prices affordable :D

Isnt there a Vans store in Sydney? hmm not too sure.
What are you skating atm?
I rekon you just go for it

http://www.vans.net.au/wawcs0130210/Stores.html

have a look through here and see which stores are near you and call them to see if the stock half cabs. Maybe even just email vans aus directly

Also, they are a traditional style vulc shoe, so will have heaps of board feel

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 31 May 2012 05:53 AM

http://www.vans.net.au/wawcs0130210/Stores.html

Also, they are a traditional style vulc shoe, so will have heaps of board feel

Awesome, thats what I want. I’m still trying to figure out how you tell the difference between vulcs and the other style.

Right now I’m skating on super old Adidas. They’re not even skate shoes. They’re like club shoes lol, but they are worn so thin that they work fairly well. I can feel them about to be worn through tho lol.

If you can have a look round mate and find Janoskis, i’d highly recommend getting some. What size are you? My local store ran out of all my sizes and only had big ones left. Im a 10 shoe, but fit a 9 janoski. They may have had a 12. The are pricey though. 130-150 store depending. But if they had your size, i may be able to do something

I’m a US 13. But the half cabs are around the $80 - 100 mark so I’ll probably go with them since all my cash will be going into the jindy season

Vans for chilling in for me, I don’t like them for skating though. I am definitely a fan of the fallen shoes, the grip and board feel from them is what I love. I am currently skating the pawns they are awesome. While probaby be skating the 76 next.

Cheers CJ I’ll check them out