The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Plane ticket prices to/from Canada

Ok so I did the smart thing and rang qantas,

Because of the different airlines, as far as qantas is concerned I have a domestic flight to SYD, wat happens after they don’t care, BUT thanks to FMG I am a silver Frequant Flyer, so I get the extra bag at 32kg for a mere $20 just gotta sus it with air Canada and wesjet

Goodo, glad you checked. Could have been a nasty shock at the airport!

Would not have been the best start to my trip haha

Ended up getting flights with Delta for around $1400 with short stopovers in LA. Pretty stoked, save over $500 by not going with Air Canada (when you inc. fees for extra baggage). I can only take one checked bag (my snowboard bag) but two carry on items, so should hopefully be enough. Let’s hope Delta aren’t too dodgy…

hahaha from what my mates have told me…they are

Yeah they have pretty bad reviews online… Figure it can’t be that bad. Famous last words perhaps wink

Bargain Dan!!!!!  shaka

^^ Probably not the best choice of words when referring to a flight hahaha

Ummm, very astute purchase you world traveler you!!!!!  cool hmm

mate flew to LA with them, afterwards he swore to never,ever,ever fly with them again. not even a 45 min flight.

His exact words haha

Mizu Kuma - 10 January 2012 02:09 PM

Ummm, very astute purchase you world traveler you!!!!!  cool hmm

Whoops wasn’t referring to your comment, Mizu. Was referring to my own.

“Figure it can’t be that bad. Famous last words perhaps”...

Yeah pretty stoked with the price smile

deanobruce - 10 January 2012 11:41 PM

mate flew to LA with them, afterwards he swore to never,ever,ever fly with them again. not even a 45 min flight.

His exact words haha

haha! We’ll see. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

depends on your comfort level i guess. i have mates who flew to Rio on some dodgy, cheap ass flights and they said it was good. and one mate on the same flight vowed he would rather take a dinghy then fly them again.

Dan83 - 11 January 2012 02:18 AM
deanobruce - 10 January 2012 11:41 PM

His exact words haha

haha! We’ll see. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Well I can definitely say that Delta were absolutely fine. I would rate them no less than Air Canada in any way. Both flights were good. Had emergency exit seating which always helps of course too.