The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Help repairing boogie damage

The front corner edge of my kids’ boogie board is starting to peel away.  it is some sort of rubbery foam stuff that is peeling away from another layer of rubbery foam stuff.  What sort of glue should I use to gummy it up?  I was thinking some of that “shoe glue” because it is a bit flexible.

Go to a good surf (oreferably bodyboard shop) in your area and get some stuff called “sponge rez”. If you tell me where you’re located I’ll tell you where your closest booger shop is.

Located inner Melbourne, thanks cords

edit: I will be in Barwon Heads/Ocean Grove the coming weekend.  I know Tonik and several other shops are there.

Yeah, sponge-rez is the goods!!!!!

http://www.bodyboarders.com.au/miscellaneous/sponge-rez-tube/

And ya might wanna shorten the leash cord a fraction, cause it looks like that may have been the source of damage?????

will do, Mizu.

ah ok, the closest booger shop to melbourne is on the mornington peninsula. Good luck with the fixing job, once you’ve got sponge rez you’ll be sweet!

sponge rez proved pretty hard to find in Melb CBD, and even down here at Barwon Heads/Ocean Grove.  The wife bought some “bodyboard repair” goop by O&E and that seems to have done the job ok.

All good, knowin o&e they are pretty good at replicatin stuff like this!!!!!

When I repaired my board bag the other day, I was wonderin about the Sikaflex’s suitability also????? Just not sure if it would react with the poly in the board though!!!!!

yeah that stuff I bought also doesn’t like polystyrene, but none of that was exposed in the section i was repairing.

your board hs polystyrene in it?

i think you polypropolene

EDIT: just realised how old this thread is. Never mind carry one lol