The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Plane ticket prices to/from Canada

So I just booked my Flights to Canada last night! shred I leave Aus on the 3rd of Feb, and leave Canada on the 18th of Feb.

On the way there I fly from Melb > Syd > LA > and land in Vancouver.
On the way back I fly from Calgary > San Fran > Syd > Melb.

Cost $1600 inc. taxes, how much did everyone else manage to get their flights for question

That’s awesome news, Koper. I take it you will be visiting us in Whistler?

I recently purchased flights from Van -> Syd -> Van, leaving Van on Jan 16th and returning Feb 1st. It cost me just over $1800 return.

You will be here pretty much the same time as Mizu (sorry, maybe that’s why the flight was cheaper). Hehe smirk

raspberry

Yeah, mine were $1800 direct SYD > VAN VAN > SYD with Air Canada!!!!!

But I’m goin to Korea now anyway!!!!!

rider26 - 14 December 2011 12:51 AM

That’s awesome news, Koper. I take it you will be visiting us in Whistler?

I recently purchased flights from Van -> Syd -> Van, leaving Van on Jan 16th and returning Feb 1st. It cost me just over $1800 return.

You will be here pretty much the same time as Mizu (sorry, maybe that’s why the flight was cheaper). Hehe smirk

Yeah for sure, I’ll be in Whistler for the first 3 days of my trip. Will definitely have to catch up with the BW crew while I’m there grin Can’t wait to head over.

Sounds great. Where else are you visiting?

rider26 - 14 December 2011 06:43 PM

Sounds great. Where else are you visiting?

After Whistler I’m going to; Revelstoke, Kickinghorse, a few mountains around Banff, Mt Norquay, Lake Louise and Sunshine.

I would’ve loved to go to Revel, but decided not to travel once in Canada so I can spend as many days as I could soakin up what Whistler has on offer!!!!!

Revel will be on my itinerary for the followin Canadian trip for sure!!!!!

Are ya gonna be takin a vid camera, Koper????? Gotta supply us all with footage/pics of ya trip for sure!!!!!

Oh, and I will most likely see ya over in Whistler soon!!!!!  shaka

Yeah, gonna be taking the GoPro and a normal digital camera. I plan on taking photos of everything lol, hardcore tourist style LOL I’ll have my laptop with me as well so I’ll be able to upload stuff pretty regularly.

Oh actually that reminds me.. How have you guys gone about Internet/phones over there? Is anyone using mobile broadband? or a prepaid Canadian SIM so I can tether my phone for wireless etc?

i dont know about Canada, but from my research so far (which isnt too much apart from cruising whirlpool) is that pre paid sims dont come with data, and most aussie phones wont work unless they are smartphones due to different bandwith etc.

Check out the whirpool forums for info.

I booked mine from Perth coz I from WA ( I know wait awhile) but was $2500, coulda got them for 1800 but they wanted me to fly PER SYD AUK LA VAN??? Was near 50hrs travel, money wasn’t an issue do I went direct as I can, leave on the 15th feb and back on 9th march, so excited, remainder of my gear turned up yesterday, EXCITED.  XD

Anyone able to tell me how much extra you need to pay for excess baggage (i.e. snowboard bag) flying to Canada?

Even though flights are cheaper if you have a stopover (like in LA), I’m thinking direct to VAN will be the go, won’t have to pay excess baggage twice and it’s less hassle and time…

To kinda answer my own Q, I checked Air Canada’s website, It is $70 extra each way to bring a snowboard bag. As I understand it, that is $70 regardless if the snowboard bag is your only bag or if it’s your second. Lame, cause it used to be free.

Yeah, that’s what we’re facin, Dan!!!!!

And they reckon that even if ya have only 1 board bag, if there’s 2 boards in it ya have o pay double!!!!!  rage

I’m gonna do my best to hide one in there though!!!!!!  cool hmm

Huh, that’s retarded! Surely it’s just down to weight and length of the bag, not what’s in it (ie how many boards)?!?!

Air Canada used to be cool… When I flew back from Canada earlier in the year I had literally about 60kg’s on me in 4 bags, including a snowboard, and didn’t pay any extra.

Dan83 - 16 December 2011 07:32 AM

Huh, that’s retarded! Surely it’s just down to weight and length of the bag, not what’s in it (ie how many boards)?!?!

That was my argument when I was talkin to them over the phone!!!!!

But also, get this!!!!! You can take 2 pairs of skis!!!!! WTF?????

Discrimination!!!