The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bearing spacers. Worth it?

I’ve used bearing spacers before but never in my skateboard. In theory it should reduce damage to the bearings and ‘maybe’ make it roll faster. I noticed that Bones Swiss Bearings come with spacers so I figured there must be something to it.

Does anyone out there use spacers? And do u think they are worth it?

Don’t use them (Mainly cause I don’t skate!!!!! Good reason I reckon!!!!!), but they are definitely a good thing to use, as like ya said they prevent any damage/wear to the inside of the wheel and to the bearing, but also keep the bearings runnin true!!!!! Which is the reason why they will run smoother/faster!!!!!

They also allow the pressure to be placed onto the inner race when tightenin the axle nuts, instead of placin pressure onto the more fragile outer race, cage and balls!!!!!

Oh man! I hate when there is to much pressure on the balls!  LOL

LOL Makes ya King Pin retract!!!!!

Hmmm is there suppose to be double meanings there?  michelle
I use the bearing spacers all the time. As Mizu said they keep the bearings running true and put less pressure on the bearings themselves. Modus provide them in their bearings from Abec 3’s up to the Ceramics.

Double Meanings!!!!! Where????? 

So how’s the weather over there, CJ!!!!!! cool hmm

That’s cool, maybe I should have bought Modus bearings. Are they an Aussie company?
Doesn’t matter, I love my Super Reds!

Would you believe I been into 3 skate stores and none of them stock spacers!! This is why I thought no one used them.
Oh well, hopefully I can find some at work.
Cheers guys.

Yeah most reputable bearings will come packed with a set of spacers in the box!!!!!

Some skate stores should sell spacers on their own as well!!!!!

My skate shop (city beach) sucks so bad. It has more scooter stuff than skate stuff. :(

City Beach a skate store ha ha. Unfortunately true stores are becoming fewer and further between. So stores like city beach do end up selling skate and don’t do a very good job of it. Sorry to say BKM.
Some stores will over look things like washers and spacers. Purely because the ordering is done by some who doesn’t think they are worth it or just don’t have a clue.
Bones super reds are still awesome bearings. I don’t understand why bones doesn’t have them in the reds and super reds. They sell them as seperate things to buy.
Modus are an Australian company which I am stoked on.
Weather has been alright Mizu, we were suppose to be getting snow but that hasn’t happened yet. This afternoon has been a wet on though so that is a start to the winter now I guess.