The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Habitat cork Ply boards.

If you’re into the barefoot, boardwalk thing, then this is your board. But if you’re not, and lord knows I’m not, it still works seriously well. Easy on your shoes, light, simple to set up and they eliminate that pesky griptape thumb we’ve all grown to despise. And not to mention, according to the press release, the cork top is harvested from live trees in a sustainable manner and adheres to the wood plys using only water based glues. That’s some delectable stuff right there, people. Straight delectable! Get on one of these now. From what I’ve heard, they’re extremely limited. They’re available in 3 shapes.

No joke they look sick. check ‘em out.

so is that no griptape, but a grippy recycled surface? sounds cool, and it seems all the barefoot longboarder guys wouldn’t need grip anyway.

I think the cork top sounds way comfy and plush!
Perfect for sidewalk skateboarding and even more fun to add the barefoot element, for those that would have never considered it. I think that woudl come naturally to a surfer, but not so much to one who never surfed and only skateboards.