The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Photographer of the Season - SnoPics / Darren Teasdale

I keep coming back to this shot

freakin unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was that a stitch together shot or on the fly?

Congrats Darren! A worthy winner that’s for sure!

I’d REALLY like to give snow photography a shot. Every year I head up I think of taking my gear up with me, but never end up taking it. I guess when I only get 5-6 days a year on the slopes, I find it hard to give half a day to a day of boarding to take photos.

Thinking maybe next year I’ll do a few day trips to Buller and leave the board at home.

Again, congrats on the win Darren. Great work!

@ Caboose, Im pretty sure it wasnt stitched. Planned shot with a few takes. I kinda remeber him entering 2 different photos of the same spot/trick

either way

Awesome!!!!

Well deserved.
Awesome work.
Keep hitting that shutter button!!

Tills - 09 November 2011 09:43 PM

Congrats Darren! A worthy winner that’s for sure!

I’d REALLY like to give snow photography a shot. Every year I head up I think of taking my gear up with me, but never end up taking it. I guess when I only get 5-6 days a year on the slopes, I find it hard to give half a day to a day of boarding to take photos.

Thinking maybe next year I’ll do a few day trips to Buller and leave the board at home.

Again, congrats on the win Darren. Great work!

Just pick up a camera backpack and you’re set - you don’t need to give up a day shredding.

Gamblor - 11 November 2011 05:34 AM

Just pick up a camera backpack and you’re set - you don’t need to give up a day shredding.

Yeah I guess I could do that, but even then I don’t think I’d like to stop boarding for too long. When my time boarding is so limited, I try and maximise the time I DO get.

Mainy my time is limited by funds, so I think next year I’ll head up for a day and not buy a lift pass or anything. Just hike around the mountain taking shots.