The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Photographer of the Season - SnoPics / Darren Teasdale

Congratulations to SnoPics / Darren Teasdale for taking out the ‘Photographer of the Season’ award for 2011.

Darren will be receiving $2500 worth of gear of his choice, plus he will be working with Transfer Snowboard Magazine on an official shoot.

We wanted to share a selection of Darren’s photos from this season.

MAD RESPECT!!!!! they are sick photos and congrats to Darren!!

No offence, but he is a Pro photographer correct??

Are these comps aimed at the Pro Level or for anyone, cause i know i can’t compete against theses guys

you might want to have an amateur or P&S photo comp next season too - for us regular punters

btw no sour grapes as i didn’t enter the comp, cause i can’t take a photo to save my life

Awesome photos. Deserve the win. Congrats!

Standout shots for sure.

Surprised he isn’t staff at Transworld already.

shaka Loving your work Darren.

Shit yeh, congrats mate

Awesome photos! Well done Darren!

Amazing pics!

Congratulations on your win and enjoy the goodies!

Caboose - 08 November 2011 04:36 AM

you might want to have an amateur or P&S photo comp next season too - for us regular punters

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2524/

Yeah, as far as I’m concerned, Darren isn’t a pro photographer. He’s been working for himself as a lot of photographers in previous contests (skate and snow) have been. I think he’s not far off, and this opportunity with Transfer will probably get him there. That’s what I love about these contests; it helps talented photographers progress their skills and get exposed to opportunities to progress their careers.

That all said, we tried our best this season to make numerous categories to give other members a chance to win. blizzard_22, bish, and ARLS all won different categories in the contest. Each year we will try to accommodate more categories to give everyone a chance to win. At the end of the day, it is still a contest of skill, and the photographers will have to display talent to win. Same with the short film contest.

We are always interested to hear ideas for new categories or new contests all together. You know we love giving big prizes to our members. wink

Gamblor - 08 November 2011 12:12 PM

Cheers, Gamblor.

This particular contest was aimed at amateur photographers looking to improve their skills.

not having a go rider, just asking the question

and Darren’s photos are insane!!!

Yeah mate, I know you’re not. Just putting all the information out there for anyone reading. smile

rider26 - 08 November 2011 10:24 PM
Gamblor - 08 November 2011 12:12 PM

Cheers, Gamblor.

This particular contest was aimed at amateur photographers looking to improve their skills.

cool

just started reading

Awesome shots Crusty! Enjoy the prizes shaka

Awesome photos well deserved win!

well done mate they r some epic photos!!! yewwwww