The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your opinion on coloured griptape

black grip!!!
jesup or mob grib is the best..
Coloured grip is made differently, the coloured ‘paper’ with clear ‘sand’ paper over the top…

But it really depends on what you want it for, if it’s for show and not for proper use, then colour wont affect..

but proper skating needs proper grip,

as stated earlier “once you go black you’ll never (want to) go back”  wink

Colour is cool, green i reckon is the boss

I want some modus again. Not feeling jessup at the moment, it just doesn’t seem to have the grip it use too.

If you ride colored grip you might as well ride it down Oxford st during mardi gras! C’mon seriously?

I use clear griptape on my boards, it is quite fine and never been a problem on shoes and doesnt affect feel, and I love the wood grain look coming through the grip tape.  Some longboards ive seen are using epoxy which is really rough under foot.  The clear does get dirty thou, but i get the pressure cleaner on it for 10 sec and it looks brand new again ahahah.

Black all the way.
Coloured griptapes look ugly, especially those checkered ones :S

Black for sure. I would only use clear on a longboard, so you get some of the sick artworks on them

arpi1982 - 29 July 2011 11:05 AM

If you ride colored grip you might as well ride it down Oxford st during mardi gras! C’mon seriously?

Haha yep, you get that sort of vibe off the guys riding neon pink and green grip.