The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tommy Fynn Tests Stereo’s New Sound Weave Boards

Stereo is proud to present Sound Weave Technology.

Sound Weave is a premium quality Tri-Axel fibreglass weave, applied to the top layer of the deck with epoxy resin glue and electro statically charged for better adhesion.

Available in Australia next month.

That’s awesome and it should still be fairly light too. Lol when I first saw the title I immediately thought about a board that plays music smile

I swear I was talking too you Jezza about doing something like that.
Man what the hell am I not designing stuff for.

Is the purpose to increase snap and life of the deck?

I would say yes.
When you look at snowboards and their make up you notice as you go up in the range and change of riding that product will get more exotic materials and higher end manufacturing. Jib and park boards usually have biax glassing a vertical and horizontal finish, which allows the board to flex easily and be soft on an edge. Mountain and freestlye boards tend to go for a triax glassing finish which has a vertical and then 2, 45 degree finish glassing jobs. Holds an edge better, pops better and doesn’t get as soggy as quickly.
With skateboards there are 4 veritical laminates and 3 horizontal laminates. The veritical help with pop and reduce the chance of snapping the deck, while the horizontal stop the board from splitting up the middle. Add some fibre glass that doesn’t bend the same way and you have a stiffer, poppier and longer lasting deck. The 45 degree finish makes it harder to snap than a horizontal finish.
Does that make sense K2? That would be the reasoning behind why I would look at the manufacturing of it.

Yeh makes total sense. Cheers mate smile