The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Team Progress Board.

I need to “muscle up” to some of the boxes at my local dry slope. I’m too timid sometimes.
there’s this small flat box, it’s about 3feet wide and 5foot long. It’s only about 6 inches off the ground too.
I dont know what intimidates me even about the smaller features.

I know what I need to do.

Banger - 22 July 2010 05:43 AM

and piper parks in spring when i wont die.

i freaking love piper park - although the slope is a bit mellow and the features aren’t always that good

the jumps are bout right for me at my level!!

snowslider - 22 July 2010 02:31 PM

I need to “muscle up” to some of the boxes at my local dry slope. I’m too timid sometimes.
there’s this small flat box, it’s about 3feet wide and 5foot long. It’s only about 6 inches off the ground too.

where is the dry slope snowslider?

Mizu Kuma - 23 July 2010 02:56 AM
snowslider - 22 July 2010 02:31 PM

I remenber a couple of seasons back at Thredbo, we were finishing of our Highnoon runs with a duck into Wombat World (kids terrain park) and they have a box the same dimensions but no front lip at all. I axed myself 3 times in a row, and now bypass it everytime!!!
The mind is a Powerful thing hey slider! 

red face  Plus I didn’t really like the 4 year olds kickin snow in my face when I was down!!!!!

Haha I remember that flat box!!

Things I really want to improve next trip are
A. improving my switch riding
B. getting more comfy on booters
I have been watching those snow board addiction clips they are really handy

This is late and I gotta get up early to pack and ride my last day tomorrow, but today I spent a few hours working on fs boardslides after watching nevs SA vid on it over brekky. Got it done and am really stoked. Also started hitting the actual rails in the park as well as the boxes so pretty happy on that and also took riders advice on riding switch a lot, got down roller coaster switch without a break! Haha funny how little things today got me so happy… My positive outlook after making a few things made me do some crazy things like help fallen skiers, offer to take some Indian tourists group pictures and offering a hitcher a lift

Haha good work Banger!! But helping a skier.. Are you sure you weren’t drunk??

Banger - 27 July 2010 02:04 PM

My positive outlook after making a few things made me do some crazy things like help fallen skiers, offer to take some Indian tourists group pictures and offering a hitcher a lift

nothing wrong with building up some good Karma Banger!

well i am home now, i bailed on headin up the hill today and opted for the daytime drive back to sydney…it was raining the whole way back from goulbourn, so i’m kinda glad not to have been doing it at night.

i checked the perisher cams this morning and they had closed the FV park for some comp (race training???WTF??) until saturday, so my plan of justing hiking the lower portion of the park were kiboshed. shame as i was all pumped to hit the flat down rail and get some filming done of my newly learned tricks

Banger - 28 July 2010 05:39 AM

well i am home now, i bailed on headin up the hill today and opted for the daytime drive back to sydney…it was raining the whole way back from goulbourn, so i’m kinda glad not to have been doing it at night.

i checked the perisher cams this morning and they had closed the FV park for some comp (race training???WTF??) until saturday, so my plan of justing hiking the lower portion of the park were kiboshed. shame as i was all pumped to hit the flat down rail and get some filming done of my newly learned tricks

Hiking = shit… totally not worth the trip up to hike.

Next trip down, give them a go… the flat down rail should be pretty easy as long as you can just glide through the transition. (But it is perisher, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you have to jump mid box…

tjswish - 28 July 2010 06:08 AM

Next trip down, give them a go… the flat down rail should be pretty easy as long as you can just glide through the transition. (But it is perisher, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you have to jump mid box…

Hiking FTW… i love hiking features and BC so it’s not an issue for me to save $80 just for a few lift/bar rides.

the flat down really looked more like it went up slightly but they had a very nice smooth transition leading up to it and a maybe 1 foot gap onto it. whoever is running the park this year is way more ontop of getting stuff done right it seems. the guy adam over on the perisher parks blog page seems very capable, and the park crew are definatley more prominent this year, constantly riding around and raking/ fixing takeoffs all day.

Banger - 28 July 2010 07:18 AM
tjswish - 28 July 2010 06:08 AM

Hiking FTW… i love hiking features and BC so it’s not an issue for me to save $80 just for a few lift/bar rides.

the flat down really looked more like it went up slightly but they had a very nice smooth transition leading up to it and a maybe 1 foot gap onto it. whoever is running the park this year is way more ontop of getting stuff done right it seems. the guy adam over on the perisher parks blog page seems very capable, and the park crew are definatley more prominent this year, constantly riding around and raking/ fixing takeoffs all day.

any footage yet? would be fun to see!

i’ll start a batch capture tomorrow, should be getting there by the weekend

Hiking stuff is really fun and you learn stuff really fast.  I usually forget it the next day, but thats just me…

Another good way to get good would be to put up footage in this forum of tricks you’re having problems with.

I really enjoy hiking a feature/hit. you get heaps more time to improve on it, and feels awesome when you start to stick what you have been trying. What i like is you imediately get to correct or alter your previous attempt, where if you just hit a feature during runs then lift up then next time down, you get less attempsts at it and may not remember exactly what you did right or wrong last time.
Its also good for keeping you fit! haha

edit:
also one very good thing i found with hiking with a mate, is the person hiking can take photos/video and you take it in turn for eachother. Or if you have a bigger crew just who hit it last takes footage on the way up then leaves the camera for the next person. A good way to get footage with out the “labour” of not riding and just takin shots all the time, and means you have the footage there to look back at your effort to make corrections