The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Getting Movies onto ipod

So most of my video’s i have on my laptop are in .mp4 or .vlc (never even heard of that one)

how do i get them on my ipod? when i hit sync this little window pops up saying their formats aren’t accepted by the ipod or something like that. Apparently quicktime pro can convert them but i don’t wanna go spending money on it - yup, i know, tightarse

I forget what format they have to be in, but you can download a format converter on the internet for free.

Buy a Mac…....................

Sorry, what Jez said, quick google will get you sorted.

the mac is on the ‘to buy’ list…

Try Videora, I have used it before to put Gone in 60 seconds and Vegas Vacation onto my Iphone. Good quality and sounds and it’s free

If you like it, I would donate though… to keep it free and support the people who make it smile

Edit: Link: http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

thanks tjswish, i’ve currently got it converting one to see how it goes, then i’ll start using it for full length movies

No worries mate, if there is anything wrong with it, you could always be tight and torrent down a cracked copy of quicktime pro.

But I don’t recommend doing illegal stuffz raspberry

I actually use a program called PSP Video 9. As the name suggests it is for the PSP, but you can create your converter settings such as resolution etc.

I know this thread is probably done and dudsted, but I just started using a program called Handbrake. It’s great.

Not only can you do AVI-MP4 conversions on your pc, but if you have a DVD, you can put it in your DVD drive and rip it straight to MP4, so there’s no need to do any other conversions.

I used to have to get an AVI before I could convert that to MP4. Now I can convert some of my fav DVD’s straight to the phone.

Sweet find Tills, I will have to look that one up smile