The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

amine - 18 April 2016 09:20 AM

Yup @Mizu Kuma  I have ridden it.  Its such a great ALL mountain board, for the guy that isn’t park focused (ie. me).  It LOVES “hard pack” as it rides longer than its size (due to its big wist width & stiffer flex) and holds a great edge (due to the new mellow magna-traction tech & the stiffer than usual swallow tail).  And with Chris Christenson’s surf rocker its a seriously loose / fast / exciting ride in “soft snow” (so in hot or cold pow!). 

(FYR - Jeremy Jones had only ridden his Storm Chaser for 1 day before he decided to do himself a DIY Storm Chaser Split ... and now its in the line!).  ...you should check one at a demo day this year!!!!

I’d love to demo one @amine, but I can only get down to Thredders late August for 7 days!!!!! I doubt you’ll have a demo setup then?????

I reckon we should get @rider26 to sift through the mothballs in his manbag and buy one to let me demo it in Japan next February!!!!! ?

HAH!  Or better still, arrange a proper Boardworld Demo? 
@rider26 @Mizu Kuma

Who’s Keen?  Maybe even attempt one day of in bounds riding @ Thredbo, and one day of SplitBoarding @ DeadHorseGap?

amine - 18 April 2016 10:51 AM

HAH!  Or better still, arrange a proper Boardworld Demo? 
@rider26 @Mizu Kuma

Who’s Keen?  Maybe even attempt one day of in bounds riding @ Thredbo, and one day of SplitBoarding @ DeadHorseGap?

I’ve never ridden a split, and yet to ride Dead Horse, so I’m up for that proposal for sure!!!!! @amine

I could kill 2 Boards with 1 Jones!!!!!

I’m keen for Dead Horse Gap or how about coming to Guthega and riding Guthega Trig and Mt Tate no lift pass required. I am however keen for a day at Thredbo as it’s been a while and have always eyed off Dead Horse Gap however didn’t have a spilt in those days. I have a Split and a pair of MTN approach skies I can lend to somebody who needs gear as I alternate between both systems.

Delivery today!

I now have a 2013 Yes The Greats 160w
                2015 Yes Pick Your Line 161w
                2017 Yes Optmistic 157

And my boys LibTech Lib Ripper 130.

The pic doesn’t show how wide the optimistic is compared to the PYL.
Its wider everywhere! Cant wait to ride it!

I may need a 420 powder hull in 2019. Haha

Optimistic looks wicked, any chance of a side profile shot? Curious of the rocker/camber.

2 day ole slider. Swapped my Rome factory 155 for a camber ...
Rome Cheap trick Nihon model
156.. full camber…flex probs around 7.
The 155 is still in japan and will be “modified’
Have a Arbor Abacus as well coming ..158… with spark surges.
This is snowboard #23 owned….

Phedder - 01 June 2016 11:01 AM

Optimistic looks wicked, any chance of a side profile shot? Curious of the rocker/camber.

That’s about the best I could get.

ClevoCapri - 02 June 2016 01:37 PM
Phedder - 01 June 2016 11:01 AM

That’s about the best I could get.

Drool. I can’t think of a board out there right now better designed to carve trenches and surf powder with equal affinity. I picked up a 2009 162 Custom Wide (size 10 boots) to see if I like a wider board for carving, I’d say an Optimistic could quite possibly be in my future hah. The 6.5m sidecut is nuts as well, I love small sidecuts but have never ridden under a 7. Gotta let us know how it shreds when you finally let it loose!

I’ve tested the 2017 Optimistic (actually got to ride DCP’s very snowboard, hehe)... it absolutely rips!

It’s also in VERY short supply, so if you want one, well… wink

Let me know if you have any questions about how it rides.

Uhh, how about a full on review wink

But, I can’t let myself be tempted. Especially when I already have 3 boards I haven’t even ridden yet, surely that’s enough for one season!?

Sizes L-R: 162, 162W, 159, 156, 158, 161

Cobain is new, Funslinger ex-demo, and Custom bought from a good friend to give me a taste for wide boards. Probably try all 3 out my first day up on the 14th hah, rusty is the perfect state for board testing.

Funslinger is supposed to be super fun, would love to try one out. That Optimistic also looks delicious, Heikki Sorsa rode the camo graphic version in Myoko this year. From what I saw it looked like a super fun board for carving around and hitting some big avy barriers haha

Wizey - 03 June 2016 12:27 AM

Funslinger is supposed to be super fun, would love to try one out. That Optimistic also looks delicious, Heikki Sorsa rode the camo graphic version in Myoko this year. From what I saw it looked like a super fun board for carving around and hitting some big avy barriers haha

The camo 2016 Optimistic vs the 2017 Optimistic are completely different boards. They borrowed the name but designed it from scratch. It’s a totally different board.

The 2017 Standard is very similar to the 2016 Optimistic. The only difference is the Standard is a twin where the Optimistic had a 10mm setback (although also a twin shape).

Phedder - 02 June 2016 09:06 PM

Uhh, how about a full on review wink

I have a full review on the Greats coming soon (which I spent more time riding). I got a good feel for the Optimistic and it turns/carves like a dream, but unfortunately I didn’t get the opportunity to test is in pow (as we were testing in spring). Also, I should have been on a smaller size but I rode the 157. Still, from how it rode on piste, it was amazing! I can only imagine how hard it would rip on a powder day.

We filmed a mini video review on the Optimistic with DCP which we will aim to release soon as well. It’s good to hear his thoughts on it as he’s been riding it all season.

good to see this thread is STILL going wink

i’ll have to update the quiver pic soon, but for now enjoy this