The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

I am gonna try tomorrow morning…... downer

I need to figure out the flattest route to take (trust me it wont be flat at all near where i live!) it feels wrong driving to the bay run…. LOL

There is a soccer field near me that I am thinking of being a loser and lapping that for a while.

I’m sorry deano but no running to running hills is just never gonna fly with me!

ozgirl - 01 August 2012 05:13 AM

I am gonna try tomorrow morning…... downer

I need to figure out the flattest route to take (trust me it wont be flat at all near where i live!) it feels wrong driving to the bay run…. LOL

There is a soccer field near me that I am thinking of being a loser and lapping that for a while.

I’m sorry deano but no running to running hills is just never gonna fly with me!

I totally get how driving to go running feels stupid, but seriously, if it gets you out there and doing it, then it is definitely worth it…and that run sounds more interesting than running laps of an oval…but once again, whatever it takes to get you out there and vaguely motivated!

Aw thanks cords!

Coop pretty much said that to me as well.

All right bay run tomorrow it is!

Yay! Good girl grin

Go Oz! I might even try and go for a run tomorrow. Staying home all day studying, if I don’t have soccer5s, I don’t do anything!

went for a 7.2km run/walk,

I did heaps of training and fitness work in the last 4 years for basketball and endurance events like Kathmandu Adventure Series, Tough Bloke Challenge and the Tough Mudder. but at the moment i’m on a well deserved break from training and fitness work. And loving it. Just cbf doing anything!! Still playing bball twice a week and getting plenty of snowboarding in, so still giving the heart and lungs a workout. smile

5ks on an exercise bike, some sort of lying down weights thing for my quads and calves for 10mins, 3x15 squats and same of lunges and some other things with big elastic bands at the physio. Felt like I was an Ironman! rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I was cramping up straight after all this as well. hahah.

I sat on the lawn mower for a few hours. I crunch my belly pretty hard while bouncing around and all the turning works my arms.
Did a 10m run to the front door with my puppy (yes that’s meters) a few times.
Worked in the garden (garden fork, digging and pulling weeds) for 40min.

I’ve done so much exercise all my life that right now I’m in a rest stage. I’m getting old and therefore sore.
Honestly, if it wasn’t for my knee causing so much pain and being unstable without strapping and a brace I would do much more. Like run up the 100’ hill out the back and cut in a mtb track, ride my mtboard, play on the bmx or skatey.

I’ve been thinking about doing sit ups again but on my fortnightly snow trips it’s not my fitness that’s the problem, it’s my knee pain.
The best thing I can do is rest with my feet up - which sends me bonkers.

I walked around for 2 hours tonight at football training smile

last night i did that video exercises that Howdy posted man my legs are killing me now.

nice work, lanox! How did you go with it? Was it hard?

I did pretty much nothing yesterday, a bit of incidental exercise when I went grocery shopping, and that is about it! Will try and do something a bit more active today. Hopefully I can drag freddy for a skate this arvo when he comes home from work, so I don’t have to go for a run.

Week 1 Day 1 - C25K!!

Woot!

But man it was hard! Didn’t take my handbag which meant I had no puffer… and I seriously thought I could do 1.30 bursts of jogging - um NO!

Oh well some jogging better than nothing! And not to many people out (which I also feared by going)

Great work, Oz! It is a start and you’ve done well. Imagine how much easier it will be when you have your puffer? (I hope!) Stoked for you!

This was my view