The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

I’m creating a new thread to keep us all honest. Concept is simple, what exercise did you do today?

Me - C25K week 1, day 1.

I swear I’m going to stick with the program this time, I promise.  red face

I’m expecting a similar post by ozgirl tomorrow morning.  wink

I had a 40 minute surf in the arvo and then played 2x 40min games of soccer5s (like indoor soccer but faster).

I watched Dark play football, does that count? LOL I don’t exercise at all downer

snowboarding is exercise! what do you do then? Life is so boring without exercise!

I just don’t enjoy exercise, but yeah snowboard is all I do

I don’t understand that concept, don’t enjoy exercise. There’s so many different things that you can do that can be considered exercise that surely you don’t dislike them all.

Not trying to have a dig, just don’t get it.

I personally hate running but it’s a bit of a mental game as well, setting a goal & achieving it or even starting to enjoy something that you used to dislike is a great feeling.

I did 10 squats and then I was exhausted. Living the dream!

I could do 100s in a session about 10 weeks ago. But none a week ago so I am kind of happy!

I struggle to get motivated to exercise if it is doing something that feels like exercise for the point of exercise.
I can play football, surf, climb,snowboard for hours and hours and not think twice but get me to run on the beach or some such and I get bored out of my brain straight away and give up. The only time I can do that sort of training is my twice weekly training with my club where I have to turn up. The only other way is if I have other people that will drag me along, which I don’t really atm. the only friends I have that are into running or exercise circuit stuff, like to plod along and I just annoy them by wanting to race.

what is C25K?

Couch to 5km….its a program designed to get people who can’t run anywhere much to gradually run more and more and end up being able to run 5km without stopping.

Agreed, exercise for the sake of exercise is THE most boring thing on the planet. I don’t like running and I don’t like gyms. I have dabbled at times, when I haven’t had any organised sport to do, though mostly so I don’t turn into an actual whale….but I always hate every second of it.  If you ask me to run 5km, I’ll probably flip you the bird, but I’ll run 5kms in a soccer game without thinking about it. Soccer, touch, oztag, tennis, hockey, ping pong, skate, snowboard, surf I’ll do any of for hours.

Nothing yet but I’m about to go on a hike with Michelle and her mum. I haven’t been doing too much since arriving in Canada but I have been taking the dog for a long walk each day. Hoping to step it up a bit each day. Trying to get a little bit fit while I’m here so I can get back into Bikram yoga as soon as I get back.

Well yesterday I went to the gym and trained shoulders and then did me back exercises and stretches, this morning I got up at 5am and went for a 40min walk and then did a shortened version of my back stuff.  It was damn cold this morning and it sprinkled rain a bit but I did it ha ha!

I actually don’t think there has been a time in my life barring injury where I couldn’t just get up and run 5kms, if it’s flat I just don’t think it’s real hard unless you’re in biggest loser territory.

Tobi - 30 July 2012 11:37 AM

I’m expecting a similar post by ozgirl tomorrow morning.  wink

red face

It was pouring with rain when i went to bed and my phone said similar today so i didn’t set my alarm!

Maybe Thursday…

blizzard_22 - 30 July 2012 12:32 PM

I don’t exercise at all downer

I am with Blizz.

I am a shocker - getting myself motivated to get out of bed and run or walk is possibly never going to happen.

But if someone said to me lets go for a walk/run/swim I would go.

Exercise alone is boring as batshit to me. With friends it doesn’t feel like exercise it is more of a social event!

I did a kind of sit up while getting out of bed.
I just don’t exercise unfortunately.

Tobi - 30 July 2012 01:26 PM

I don’t understand that concept, don’t enjoy exercise. There’s so many different things that you can do that can be considered exercise that surely you don’t dislike them all.

Snowboarding is all I do. I would walk, but by the time I get home all I want to do is relax. If we had our dog with us that would be more motivation to do so.

I have been thinking about Yoga, but that is more from a stress relief/relaxation point of view.

i dont know how you cant exercise! i would prob be hell fat and bored if i did nothing lol

Today consists of;

-100 Double Unders (skipping but rope goes around 2 times per jump) for a warm up
-Power Lifting (deadlift/squat/bench etc)
-Crossfit (a hell of a lot of bodyweight squats, pull ups, Kettle Bell Swings, Clean & Jerk, Handstand Push Ups, Wall Balls with a 9kg medicine ball and last but not least, Burpees