The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboard Specific Training with Jussi Oksanen

Jussi is one of the best snowboarders in the world. Today he is training at EZIA HP for his upcoming back country riding excursions. We are doing 5 basic exercises together, one snowboard-specific exercise for each of the primary movements required in snowboarding. The snowboard specific movements we will train are kicker-take-off, spin moves in air, big air landings, rail sliding balance, leg stability in deep powder…. Watch the video to learn the exercises and do them yourself at home!

I’m glad someone’s thinking about these things.  When I went to my gym and asked for a program to support snowboarding, they had no real idea, so I’ve ended up with a program that has a lot of general core and leg stuff in it.  I like how most of the exercises in that vid build explosive power rather than just general strength.

Lunges w/ dumbells, calf raises with weights and long jumps would help a lot for general fitness training for snowboarding. I do these 3 exercises once a week @ 3 sets a piece and reps 12 per set, final set till fail.

Yeah I do lunges with 10kg plate held overhead, calf raises on machine, bosu ball squats, and a bunch of core stuff.

goood vid =D ill start doing those