The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

what is your current setup? what do you want next?

what is your current setup? will you get the same next time?

what do/don’t you like about your setup? what are you going to buy next?

ive been skating theeve tiax trucks for about a month, best trucks ive ever used and i don’t think i will use anything else again. super strong and they turn better than anything ive used before.

i like the passport deck im using now, not sure if ill get another. i like trying different decks each time.

i usually buy bones reds and i will again. best bearing at 30 bucks. im using bones wheels also going on a suggestion by a friend and they are very good. would be happy to get them again.

I currently have 2 set ups 1 is for general skating “street” the other is more of a bowl setup.
Street setup is a mystery deck 8.125 with theeve tiax 5.25 trucks and theeve titanium bolts. Wheels are bones 52mm 100’s with bones super 6 Swiss bearings.
Bowl setup is a slave deck 8.125 with theeve tiax 5.25 trucks and theeve titanium bolts. Wheels are bones 54mm SPF with modus ceramic bearings.
Only things i would change at the moment is the width of my decks street i am considering going back down to 8” and bowl going up to 8.25”. May even consider riding destructo D2’s with my street board.

Mr pops i like the sound of your set up.

My current set up is mainly for street, but i have done some bowls on it too.
Chocolate Marc Johnson 7.75 with venture polished silver trucks, Spitfire classic wheels and Modus abec 5 bearings.
I also have as a secondary deck a Toy Machine standard deck 7.75 with venture polished trucks, Darkstar wheels and bearings.

I am currently riding a Omar Salazar Alien Workshop deck, Destructo D2 trucks with bones super red bearings and green bones stf wheels 52mm.

Ha ha well its me posting about a setup again and its different yet again.

Deck- Folklore 8” cold press

Trucks- Destructo D2 lites

Bearings- Modus titaniums

Wheels- Spitfire street burners.

Really feeling this setup right now, next deck I am thinking either a Jart or Slave next.

Are theeve tiax those axleless ones? If so are they any good?
My current setup is:
Deck-8.25 stereo
Trucks-Destructo mids
Wheels-Absolute 56mm 100A
Bearings-Bones super reds
Overall setup is really good at the moment. I like how I can still skate a bowl or park at a decent speed and then go flip a stair set afterwards. It’s kinda my in-between board for street and vert.

The theeve tiax are the ones with the titanium axle. Theeve tih are the titanium hangers.

I feel old.

My current setup is a 1989 Mike McGill Skull & Snake with Gullwing SuperPro III trucks and Coackroach Rails 2 with T-Bones wheels. I also have a mint 1987 Steve Caballero desk wrapped in the original plastic.

Welcome ibrokemywheelchair to the boardworld family. How did you break it by the way were you trying to triple cork with it???

That is one mickey mouse set up there bro. Hold on to the original stuff its worth more than you know. I have some G-bones on a skull and sword deck at the moment. Super fun I say.

Slave 8.5 green, Indy’s ( bit bummed on these ), Zero 56 wheels, Bones bearings total tranny set up at the moment

if u can tell me how much inches Length/Width my new board should be if i’m into doing flips and ground tricks. (Flat Street) Also i want to know what size my wheels should be and what size my Trucks should be.? Remember i like fat street ground tricks and flips so ya. this is what i want u to tell me…

What deck should i get if i do ground tricks and flips? (And what size deck Width/Length)

What Trucks should i get if i do ground tricks and flips? (And what size trucks)

What wheels should i get if i do ground tricks and flips? (and what size wheels)

What bearings should i get?

Which shop is better to buy a custom board? (Zumiez or Active)

________________________________________________________________________________________

This is all i want to know enless theres more to buying a custom skateboard.

Um if someone can reply to me and tell me all my questions that will be great!

Thanks and Remember…

“You can’t handle falls without balls!”

~ Hix

Hey Hix, welcome to Boardworld!

What size shoes do you wear? Is this your first skateboard? Have you tried many different setups before?

The more info you can give us, the better we can help you.

Hey Hix,
Where abouts do you live? Who is your local skate store?
There are guidelines when it comes to skating flat ground, with the type of set up you should get. Upon saying that it does come down to personal preference. The questions that rider asked are a good starting point. More info the easier to help.

To Rider26

I wear a size 10 and a half but probaly start in a 11 by the beginning of this new school year. I have not tried many other setups before and No this is’ent my first skateboard. I’ve had many skateboards…(About 6) Im just going to get a board that goes fast do ground tricks and just does Flat Street kinda thing.

To C J Parker

I live in Fullerton California. I dont really know who my local skate store is or where it is. I’ll search it up right now. But ya if you guys can now answer my questions that i posted on my other reply that will be awsome. Thanks

~ Hix

Uhm my local skate shop is Programme
its a new place so ya
Uhm ive actully changed my skating point of view
I was watching some skaters earlier today and since im a beginner skater and i just started out 2 days ago….i was really interested in do what they were doing. They were doing Ollies onto curbs and doing Kickflips and 180 Ollies and everything like that. I was amazed and i really want to be like them.
So i wanted to know which type of Deck Length/Width is best for tricks and stuff like that and what type of skating is that called. Like Street Flat Street what?
I also want to know what size wheels i should get Small Medium Big? And if theres a good brand for tricks and stuff like this which brand is that. 
Also which trucks should i get?
Thats all i have to go so ya
Im 14 and where a 10 and half size shoe!
Bye and thx

Hix_24/7 - 29 July 2011 05:09 PM

To Rider26

I have not tried many other setups before and No this is’ent my first skateboard. I’ve had many skateboards…(About 6) Im just going to get a board that goes fast do ground tricks and just does Flat Street kinda thing.

Hey hix your kind of losing me here. You have had 6 skateboards, not tired many boards, been skating for 2 days?

There is no set rule on the set up you should get. Start with this as a suggestion then branch out from there.
Deck 8 inches and around 31.75 inches long.
Trucks you will 5.25, 139 or 147 depending on the brand to suit the deck width. If you are planning on doing flat ground skating only go with a set of lows.
Wheels look at a set of 50mm wheels, they are smaller and better for flat ground skating.
Bearings, bones red are always good value bearing and usually not to expensive.
Remember these are suggestions and it will come down to what you feel most comfortable skating with. Skating is all about try different things and getting the feeling for products.
If money is a bit of an issue always spend money on a good set of trucks, they last the longest and are a key part of your skateboard.