The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Lift pass prices for Australia 2010

As the resorts release their lift pass prices for 2010, I will list them here.

Prices have gone up again for 2010, most resorts now well over the $100 mark for an adult one day pass.

Let us know what you think…

THREDBO

Adult 1 day: $103
Adult lift/lesson: $144
Child 1 day: $57
Season pass: $1212 (early bird before June 7)
Season pass: $1275

PERISHER

Adult 1 day: $105
Adult lift/tube: 133
Child 1 day: $58
Season pass: $1349
Season pass with tube: $1601

MOUNT HOTHAM

Adult 1 day: $102
Adult lift/lesson: $153
Child 1 day: $51
Season pass: $1149 (early bird before May 27)
Season pass: $1399

FALLS CREEK

Adult 1 day: $102
Adult lift/lesson: $153
Child 1 day: $51
Season pass: $1149 (early bird before May 27)
Season pass: $1399

MOUNT BULLER

Adult 1 day: $99
Child 1 day: $54
Season pass: $1392
Season pass: $974 (full-time tertiary students)

CHARLOTTE PASS

Adult 1 day: $89
Child 1 day: $53
Senior 1 day: $69

MT BAW BAW

Adult 1 day: $64 (weekend)
Adult 1 day: $59 (midweek)
Child 1 day: $44 (weekend)
Child 1 day: $39 (midweek)
Season pass: $700

Thredbo looks like the go if you want a season pass…

Hotham / Falls are going to release a special deal for long term pass holders, $500 au, have to had a pass for last 5 years…............. I wish !!!!

dude everything is s expensive i Australia it sucks arse, i have been boarding for 3 yars and i have never bought a season pass yet i always get them for free and i am going to try and keep it that way haha just need to find a job with the mountain lol

If you don’t want to work much but still want your pass… Go to the instructors hiring clinic (really not hard to get an instructing job in Australia) and work part-time. That means you only need to work two weeks during the school holidays and four weekends during the season. That’s it and you get your pass for free. If you need more money you can always pick up extra hours or even have another job. Not a bad option really.

rider26 - 18 March 2010 02:07 AM

If you don’t want to work much but still want your pass… Go to the instructors hiring clinic (really not hard to get an instructing job in Australia) and work part-time. That means you only need to work two weeks during the school holidays and four weekends during the season. That’s it and you get your pass for free. If you need more money you can always pick up extra hours or even have another job. Not a bad option really.

my plans are the very same!

I’m a big fan of the Perisher and Thredbo, but in putting together some trip plans for 2010, NZ is just so much cheaper!!! I don’t understand how the Aussie ski fields are alive at all when competing with that! I know for now and future, I would prefer to go to shebangabang (no offence to any kiwi’s!) then stay in Aus!

Perisher’s logo is not nearly as cool as everyone else’s.

Yeah I don’t get it snowslider, I’m kinda thinking it is supposed to represent all the mountains at the resort maybe?!

Yeah that makes sense. I guess they are four small mountains made into one big resort.

Personally I like the Falls Creek logo more than the others.

It’s getting harder to survive here in the winter, I swear.  between on call every other week, and the ‘others netball every, can’t afford a season pass to get me on the hill once a fortnight.  I don’t get it, are we trying to outdo the US with these upgraded prices, I don’t see any severe Hill modifications to justify, but I’m just sad and whinging- sorry people!

snowslider - 06 April 2010 06:20 PM

it looks like a cut up fish

Banger - 08 April 2010 12:30 PM
snowslider - 06 April 2010 06:20 PM

it looks like a cut up fish

LOL thats one way to describe it! Thredbos logo is good and their advertising campaign is even better (the whole ‘what goes on in thredbo stays in thredbo’)

Super Pass 2010

Continuing on from such a successful introduction in 2009 and a fantastic response from guests, Falls Creek, Hotham and Perisher will offer their Super Pass again in 2010.

Getting more value each time they ski or ride, pass holders can ski and board at all three resorts for unlimited days in winter 2010. These passes are offered at $1,149 for adults and $649 for children aged 6yrs * Year 12 and for adults aged 65+.

Super Passes are available for purchase through each of these alpine resorts ntil Thursday 27 May, 2010. Guests who purchase their Super Pass prior to Friday 7 May, 2010, will go into the draw at their home resort to win their nominated Super Pass for FREE (one prize winner per resort).

Michael Callahan GM Falls Creek Ski Lifts said, “The popularity of the Super Pass has shown that Falls Creek, Hotham and Perisher are favourite winter destinations for the snow holiday maker.”

“The response to our new Super Pass in 2009 showed that guests want to explore other resorts from time to time and it¹s great to be able to offer this opportunity to our valued pass holders”, said Belinda Trembath, GM Hotham Skiing Company.

Peter Brulisauer, CEO of Perisher said, “The Super Pass represents excellent value with access to 74 lifts and 2,015 hectares of terrain in two states.”

Super Pass holders can ski or board at Falls Creek, Hotham and Perisher on as many days as they want throughout the 2010 snow season. o gain access to Perisher lifts, Falls Creek (and Hotham) Super Pass holders need to present their Super Pass at a Perisher Ticket Office to be issued with a one day lift ticket on each day they wish to use the lifts.

Super Passes are available for purchase from all three resorts from today, Thursday 25 March, until 5pm Thursday 27 May, 2010.

For details* on each resort¹s Super Pass please go to these websites:
*Perisher, Falls Creek and Hotham Super Pass inclusions and benefits vary slightly.

http://www.fallscreek.com.au/superpass
http://www.hotham.com.au/superpass
http://www.perisher.com.au/superpass

outrageous pricing…i’m struggling to justify shredding in oz, though i am dying to support the people who work in the industry as much as i can…i’m doing ennzed in july this year again and now checking to see if i can orchestrate another trip for later in the season…

i have a lot of friends that now refuse to do australia (quality and value for money) and i hate to be joining their camp…very sad…

i’ve changed my mind…i will find a way to get to oz this winter (and not just nz)...in the long run, we all need the industry to survive down under, so despite my kicking and screaming around how expensive it is, i need to do my part and will be going to an Oz resort this winter…probably Victoria…