The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Photography Contest 2012 - Closes: Oct 14

Welcome to the 2012 Snowboarding Photography Contest!

Once again we are giving away more than $5,000 in prizes for the Snowboarding Photography Contest.

This contest has a new format this season so please make sure you read everything in detail.

We will be selecting your 10 best photos for the season and submitting them to the judges. The judges will look at your best 10 photos and judge you as a snowboard photographer as a whole. This means if you only post three photos, we will only submit three photos to the judges, reducing your chance of winning. If you post 20 photos, we will select your best 10 photos and submit them to the judges. We are looking for photographers who demonstrate skill, consistency in quality, variation in shots, and an eye for lighting and composition.

For the ‘Best Photo Editing’ category, we will be selecting your three best edit photos and submitting them to the judges.

CATEGORIES AND PRIZES FOR 2012:

Winner: The overall winner as picked by the judges will receive $2500 in prizes from our sponsors, plus additional Boardworld gear. The winner will also be given an opportunity to work with Transfer Snowboard Magazine, including working on a photo shoot plus the opportunity to be mentored by some of the best in the business.

Second Place: The runner up will receive $1500 in prizes from our sponsors, plus additional Boardworld gear. The runner up will also receive a two year subscription to Transfer Snowboard Magazine.

Third Place: Third place will receive $500 in prizes from our sponsors, plus additional Boardworld gear.

Best Photo Editing: This winner will receive $500 in prizes from our sponsors, plus additional Boardworld gear. This prize will be awarded to the photographer who demonstrates the best editing skills while showing the most creativity. The judges will look at your three best edited photos and judge your skills. If you are entering this category, you must clearly state so when you post the photo. You must also use the Boardworld logo in your photo. To download the high resolution PDF vector logo please click here (right click and select ‘Save Link As’). If you prefer to use the PSD vector logo please click here (right click and select ‘Save Link As’).

HOW TO ENTER:

- Photos must be posted into this thread to be a valid entry.

- Please state the title of the photo, where the photo was taken, and the date the photo was taken.

- If you want your full name credited, please include your full name with the above details.

- Please upload images at 800 pixels wide. For information on how to post photos, please click here.

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

- Entries must be from the current 2012 Southern Hemisphere snow season.

- This contest is open to any photos taken in the southern hemisphere this season (Australia, New Zealand, South America etc). However we will only ship the prizes free of charge to an Australian address. The winner may have to pay additional charges if the postal address is out of Australia.

- Winners must provide the original digital photos for proof of date taken.

- Winners of the three main prizes are also eligible to win the ‘Best Photo Editing’ prize.

- The photographer must be a registered member. Only the photographer can enter their photos.

- A maximum of two entries, per photographer, per day. You may enter two photo every day.

- We will be picking two photos every week to be published on the homepage and Boardworld Facebook page.

- By entering your photos into this contest you give Boardworld permission to upload your photos to the Boardworld Facebook page. We will always credit your member username (or your full name if you prefer).

- The contest will run from June 21st, 2012, until the end of the season (date to be announced).

- You can use photos taken since the start of this season (prior to June 21st).

- All prize winners will be selected by a panel of industry judges.

- We prefer if you do not use a watermark. Just type the credits below the photo and we will all give credit to the photographer. If you must use a watermark, please make it small and put it in the bottom right corner of the photo.

If you have any questions or need help posting photos, feel free to contact us: info(at)boardworld.com.au

Good luck!  shaka

Winners will be able to choose prizes from our 2012 sponsors…

Sick!!!!!

21st Boxy…! teacherboy

Sounds great cant wait to start shooting!!!

SICK!

insane competition
better get the camera out shaka

Awesome, this year going to take my dslr with the 50mm prime lens everynow and then and get some sweet shots…hopefully

blizzard_22 - 21 June 2012 08:10 AM

21st Boxy…! teacherboy

Sounds great cant wait to start shooting!!!

Hahhahahaha just picked up on this

Entries must be from the current 2012 snow season.

I assume this means the SoHe season?

Yes it does. I might have to add that info.

blizzard_22 - 21 June 2012 08:10 AM

21st Boxy…! teacherboy

Oh Boxy, what are we going to do with you? teacherboy

This year I have a DSLR and my usual lack of skills so I am ready to enter for once!

Going to kick this thing off with some landscape images shot in perisher and maybe some from jindy tomorrow. I guess these contribute to the ‘variation’ aspect of the snowboard photographer smile

Skiers left, at the bottom of the quad, Perisher. Taken 20/06/2012

Last Chair. Perisher. Taken 20/06/2012

This is an awesome contest and I am really looking forward to seeing what images come out of the 2012 season. Good luck to everyone!

Where can I get my hands on one of those wicked cool Boardworld digital cameras?!

Still waiting for a good dump in the Queenstown region, but here’s a couple of pics to get things started.

The Hurdle, Coronet Peak - 24 June 2012

Western Face of Coronet Peak - 25 June 2012

Oooh yes!! I’m so taking the camera from work these hols!!!