The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Introduce yourself here..

Hi there!!

I first stepped into ski boots when I was 3.

4 years ago I converted to Snowboarding and I’ve never turned back. I LOVE It!!! I want to explore the world and seek out different snowboarding experiences.

So far I’ve been to NSW, VIC, Hakuba, Japan and Lake Louise, Canada.

In the off season I wakeboard when I can and try to surf (I dont live that close to a beach and Im kinda lazy haha). I tried to skate for the first time this year… I think I’m too unco for concrete haha.

I look forward to meeting new shred head buddies on here!!

Cheers :D
Ash

Good to see another chick around here! Welcome! shaka

Ah ah!!! I knew you were a girl!!

Welcome grin One day i may be a fuller converted snowboarder too.

I am going to use the “too unco for concrete” as an excuse for not skate boarding too - love it!!

haha! Yeah I’m a chick :D yaay for female boarders!!

I love it! I tried to skate twice, second time I fell I re-injured my knee (snowboarding injury from April)... and I just decided I’m way to unco for concrete haha.

Hey AshStix
Welcome to the forum!
I’m also cursed with the fail at skateboarding gene. I keep on trying tho lol

Andy Aitken - 07 October 2011 10:10 PM

Hey AshStix
Welcome to the forum!
I’m also cursed with the fail at skateboarding gene. I keep on trying tho lol

haha you’re doing better than me, I might get back out there raspberry it looks so much fun, I wanted to get into longboarding or snakeboarding. Maybe, one day haha.

Welcome AshStix!!! Awesome to see another girl here!!!

Thanks Blizzard!! You know when I got my new car I was tempted to get BLZZRD as the number plates haha but personal number plates are a rip off!!!!

Hey Girls, only new to the site but like how there is a girls section!
My name is Kristy and just recently got my own board - it’s a burton feather.
Does anyone else have a season pass for perisher next year…. SO keen!
Kg.

Hey Kirsty! I don’t have a season pass YET! But I’ll definitely be paying Perisher a visit next season :D

Hey Kristy, welcome to boardworld!

I am a Perisher girl at the moment. There are a few of us boardworlders who got the perisher pass for next season. Look out for the Shred weekend which will be held at Perisher next year.

ozgirl - 14 October 2011 09:20 PM

I am a Perisher girl at the moment. There are a few of us boardworlders who got the perisher pass for next season. Look out for the Shred weekend which will be held at Perisher next year.

That’s great! Pretty good deal hey. YES will defiantly have to go when shred weekend is happening. Have you been to shred before? I don’t really know much about it.

AshStix - 14 October 2011 01:24 PM

Hey Kirsty! I don’t have a season pass YET! But I’ll definitely be paying Perisher a visit next season :D

Hopefully we will get some good snow next year, fingers crossed!!

kg55 - 14 October 2011 09:49 PM
ozgirl - 14 October 2011 09:20 PM

That’s great! Pretty good deal hey. YES will defiantly have to go when shred weekend is happening. Have you been to shred before? I don’t really know much about it.

Yeah I made to to the first annual shred!

Great fun.

Read the threads and check out the videos.

Welcome to BW Kristy! I’m the resident female mexican - my season pass is for Hotham/Falls creek next year.  smile

A new board is always very exciting!! Did you have a chance to use it?