The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Introduce yourself here..

Hey Girls,

I’m Lauren, otherwise known as LB. Im hitting up the ‘Girls Only’ section.

We’re going to have a lot of cool and fun stuff going up just for the girls in the ‘Girls Only’ section.. if you have any ideas or there’s something you want to see, just let me know via the forums.

Hope your all excited for a great season.

L.B.

I like this no boys allowed thing… Hey Lauren can’t wait to check out the girl’s only section
Super stoked!!!

Hi Lauren, can’t wait to check out the girls section!

Maybe you could include some info for the “WAGs” (wives and girlfriends) of snowboarders/surfers/skaters -I gave snowboarding a go for the first time last season, and although my boy was very supportive of my first attempts, the beginners slopes were pretty boring for him! I’m keen to go again this season, any tips ?

Hey Lys_Renae

I’m really excited for the girls section to be up and running, It’s all coming together, and i cant wait to see what all the girls out there think. “WAGs” is an interesting concept, but it would be great to do something on that topic. Its hard for all the girls out there, when there boys are addicted to the love of riding.

With the riding tips, I find it great to head down with a couple of friends and do it together. Its all about having fun, either on the beginner slopes or in the park. Im hoping that through the forums, girls can chat to each other, about when they are heading to the resorts, what level of riding they are at, and hopefully can meet up for a couple of runs.

I was down there last weekend and met some cool chicks who were on the beginner hill, and wanted to learn how to Ollie. So i stuck with them for a couple of runs while there boy friends went in the park with my other friends.

Hope that helps you a little bit. Let me know if there is anything you want to see in the girls section, and let me know what you think once its launched

LB

L.B. - 19 June 2009 03:53 AM

Hey Lys_Renae

I’m really excited for the girls section to be up and running, It’s all coming together, and i cant wait to see what all the girls out there think. “WAGs” is an interesting concept, but it would be great to do something on that topic. Its hard for all the girls out there, when there boys are addicted to the love of riding.

With the riding tips, I find it great to head down with a couple of friends and do it together. Its all about having fun, either on the beginner slopes or in the park. Im hoping that through the forums, girls can chat to each other, about when they are heading to the resorts, what level of riding they are at, and hopefully can meet up for a couple of runs.

I was down there last weekend and met some cool chicks who were on the beginner hill, and wanted to learn how to Ollie. So i stuck with them for a couple of runs while there boy friends went in the park with my other friends.

Hope that helps you a little bit. Let me know if there is anything you want to see in the girls section, and let me know what you think once its launched

LB

hey L.B, my wife already rides…my problem isn’t getting her to the snow it’s getting her involved in the forums! hopefully something like this will get her keen….and stop her complaining about me hogging the computer looking at forum stuff. wink

Sweet. Girls section! If anyone has questions about product, shout it out.

There is nothing more fun than shredding wit a big crew of girls (chairlift talk is way more interesting!). What are you favorite things to gossip about when you are at the snow?

Mine is what people are wearing, nothing funnier than seeing a grown adult with a helmet cover!

louise - 19 June 2009 03:45 PM

Mine is what people are wearing, nothing funnier than seeing a grown adult with a helmet cover!

I love seeing people wear jeans and those massive gorby gaps.. It also surprises me how many women out there will go riding with just a headband when it’s like -20 outside and they wonder why they’re so cold.

Hey LB,

The girls are here!

I’m Steph, but will be using SDV in these parts. I’m Banger’s better half. Much better in fact. Will do my best to get more girls on here. I think we should really get this girls side of things happening, because as you’d know, there’s not a whole heap happening for us.

I’m super-keen!

Hey Steph,

Nice to see another girl on here.. Let me know what you want to see and ill try make it happen. I’ve got some cool things on the go at the moment, that will be up for the Launch..

LB

Girls,

I’m Lauren, otherwise known as LB. Im hitting up the ‘Girls Only’ section.

Go check out the ‘Girls Only’ section featuring ‘Welcome to Girls Only’, Pro Files and Teasers Videos. There’s heaps of cool content coming over the next couple of weeks. So make sure you keep checking back for updates.

‘Girls Only’ is for you.. The beginner or the industry pro. If there’s anything you want to see, just let me know.

L.B.

Lets get talking..

Hey LB,

I’ve been checking out the Girls Only section, it’s looking pretty good so far, as well as what’s to come. I like the pro files part, a good mix of riders. I’m not sure if I’ve seen this somewhere already or not, but will there be gear reviews for the girls? Written by girls who have actually tested out the stuff not necessarily just cut and pasted off the manufacturer’s website. I know this could be difficult to make happen, but it could be useful when deciding what to be buy especially for people who aren’t really sure what they’re looking for. I just updated my gear, and I know finding the info for the particular outerwear I ended up getting was really hard, as their website had only pictures but no specs etc. It took a lot of hunting around to work out exactly what I was looking at and whether it would meet my needs. I guess I’m thinking of a gear comparison chart or something that just gives the unbiased facts.

Anyway just an idea.

And where the heck are all the girls anyway!! Come on girls, get on here! smile

Hey SDV, we are working on all the product reviews at the moment, they will be in the website soon. For this season it will focus on boards, boots, and bindings. Obviously this being our first season, there was a lot of different content to organise. The process is still going on and will be for a while…

The reviews aren’t really reviews, as they are not written by someone who actually tested the product (there are too many products to cover the full range). To be comprehensive and unbiased we put together a big template which had to be filled in by the reps of each brand. They had to give us the imformation WE wanted. At least then people can compare the products to narrow down their choice. I believe this was the most informative and unbiased method for our members, while still covering a vast amount of products. We will review this process of course for next season and all good ideas are welcome. Have a look when the products go live, and let us know what you think.

That sounds really great! That does seem like a good way of doing it as it would be a massive undertaking to test everything individually. Even just sourcing all the products would be pretty crazy. Can’t wait to check it out. I’m impressed guys!

The girls are here!!! I just woke up, still early here not even 8 in the morning. Glad to see some more girls on here

Eh.. you.. Nice to see you Michelle..

Hey Steph,

Maybe by next year ill be able to give some more insight into all the outerwear. I know quite alot about all the products, so if you have any more questions just ask. If not ill be able to find the answer about it through the Sales Reps.

What are your plans for the winter? Did you check out the S.T.A.N.C.E Teaser. These girls are rocking it.

The teaser for stance looks sick, shot on RED cameras. Any idea me a local release or screening? Ill take some tickets for myself and SDV if there is! We have a pretty established collection of girls snowboarding dvd’s but this new one looks amazing.