The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Girls Helmets, whats everyone wearing?!?!?!

Hey everyone, im still new at this but wanted to ask what sort of helmet all you girls wear when board….?
My boyfriend and his brother just get a snadbox. I put one on but didnt think it looked that great on me so was wondering if any of you have a suggestion on what i could try next time…..?

I’d be interested to hear thoughts on this too.

I need to get a helmet if I’m going to head to CSP and every time I try one on I feel like a box head.

I won a sandbox one through here and I love it!! Fits beautifully and I don’t *think* I look like a Lego-head wink

I didn’t wanna be the one to tell ya this Billy, but…........

Only kiddin!!!!! cheese

Mrs Mizu has a Red, Miss Pops a Giro and Baby Mizu a peaked Sandbox!!!!!

The most important thing when gettin a helmet is that it fits properly!!!!! Cause if it don’t ya may as well not wear one!!!!!

And they always feel like they make ya head look like a bowlin ball (in my case I do even without a helmet), but trust me when I say that you’ll get used to it in no time!!!!! Just have a good look around the mountain and you’ll see a huge number of peeps wearin them, and they all look fine!!!!!! Its just that when ya first don one ya just not used to it!!!!!

Hope this helps, kg?????

I am with Mizu.

Yes at first it feels weird and you think you look like an egg head but you get over it.

go try a few on and get the best/lesser of two evils.

I have a Giro - Billy does look cute in the sandbox and her spunky googles.

my girl wears smith variant brim

good fit + good ventilation
looks is personal :p

3 Different helmets, 3 different brands!!!!!!

Miss Pops, Giro

Mrs Mizu, Red

Baby Mizu, Sandbox

Thanks for all your help. I will have a shop around and let you know what I think. Thanks for putting photos up too, I think they all look good. Maybe they just don’t look good on me ha ha. Thanks again smile

Somewhat success.

Went into Trigger with my googles this morning and tried on some helmets. The guys are going to call Burn on Monday to see if they have one in my size.

Got me some cool tees in the mean time though.

Tobi - 29 October 2011 01:36 AM

Somewhat success.

Went into Trigger with my googles this morning and tried on some helmets. The guys are going to call Burn on Monday to see if they have one in my size.

Got me some cool tees in the mean time though.

Well done smile
I quite like the look of the burn helmets, what colour do you like?
If you get one you should post a photo of it.

Mizu Kuma - 26 October 2011 08:53 AM

3 Different helmets, 3 different brands!!!!!!

Miss Pops, Giro

Mrs Mizu, Red

Baby Mizu, Sandbox

Thanks for posting some great pictures. Looking at different ones now. I like all three of these brands smile

No wukkas, kg!!!!!

Good luck in your quest!!!!!  shaka

Go the burn with peak. have had mine for 2 seasons now, gooooood helmet

Here’s my boof head:  (Thanks BW!!)

I’ve got a RED one too which fits really well - but I feel like an egg head in it…

Tobes - Bern ones are noiiice!! Show us a pic when ya get it! shaka

I’ve got a Giro similar to Miss Pops! I think mine is the Giro Recruit (it may be a kids helmet, I do have a small head LOL!)

My husband wears a Giro G10, it has an adjustable dial at the back of the helmet. Expensive but good!

Friends of mine are all wearing different helmets, Sandbox Certified, Bern Muse, Giro and Smith.

As other have said, just go with what fits best and make sure its compatible with your goggles.