The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

First board! 

I’ve done 6 days of snowboarding so far on rental gear, I think it’s time for my own set.

Ability: Upper beginner/lower intermediate (can do intermediate runs, but slowly)

70-75kg, size 10.5 boots, 180cm

I’ve been looking at the YES line-up in the 158cm for the Camrock profile and lifetime warranty, but I’m open to other suggestions.

In particular, the typo, basic decade and standard.

My main concern with the basic decade and standard is they might be too much board for me.

Will probably be pairing the board with cartels.

Keen to hear opinions!

Welcome to BW, @Creamyyy!

I have replied to your email covering most of this but I’ll put some info in this thread for anyone else wondering.

The Basic Decade is an amazing board, but it’s super teched up and quite an advanced ride. There are more suitable (and affordable) options for beginner/intermediate riders.

The Basic, Typo, or Standard would all be better options. Considering you’re committed to riding more and especially in Japan, I don’t feel the Standard is overkill. It’s a fantastic board, amazing core, but still fun to ride and highly versatile. The Directional Volume Twin + MidBite shaping tech gives you more float in powder, more stability, and quicker edge-to-edge response.

For anyone reading this, please feel free to reply to this thread if you have any further questions on these boards.