The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hey Guys - Where is everybody

Hey yo punters!

Long time

Where is everybody?

What’s everybody up to this Season?

As always I will be hitting Perisher.

I will be heading down with the Grom (who is 6 now) alot (both got season passes).

I will be flying Han Solo and would like to slide with some like minded peeps.
Basically all mountain cruising, not really a park rat.
I’m ok with riding with Intermediate and up - if you are a beginner and ask real nice I will slide with you and try my best to give you some tips wink

I’ll post up the weekends that I will be sliding and hopefully we can catch up

First weekend will be 23,24,25 June

Catch Ya Soon

Hey Caboosie,

Hit me up with a PM. I’m always keen to ride wherever, whenever. Im in Canberra so I’ll be down most weekends. Fast and loose only…..

Matt.

Hey @Caboose! Good to hear from you, mate!

Michelle and I finally moved back to Sydney after 3.5 years in Canada. We now have a 1-year-old boy. Yes, I’ll be getting him on a snowboard this season. wink

I have a Perisher season pass so I’ll be down as much as I can. I might try to get down late June.

Local to Falls Creek with hero pass this season. I get a lot of weekdays off so always heading up for a crowd free shred. Always keen to have other people to ride with. Park, all mountain, OOB’s, whatever is going I’m happy to ride! Have a 7yo skier who comes up on the weekends.

Yogibear - 14 June 2018 06:24 PM

Hey Caboosie,

Hit me up with a PM. I’m always keen to ride wherever, whenever. Im in Canberra so I’ll be down most weekends. Fast and loose only…..

Matt.

Ditto this ?

@rider26 that’s awesome you guys are back! Let me know if you guys wanna catch up when passing through Canberra!

I haven’t been on a snowboard in 2 years now :( tried to get one day in last year but the expense was too much. I think it was almost $180 for one day at Perisher including the Ski Tube.

I know I will be up there closing weekend (rivers open for fishing then!) so will have to pack my snowboard too.

@blizzard_22, will do for sure! shaka

Last weekend was hard!

First long weekend in 7yrs I have missed. But determined to get the bump on ski’s. 

Can’t have mommy fasani showing me up now!

But won’t be Perisher unfortunately!

Been very, very busy. Took 9 month old for his first slide on opening weekend.

Left 9 month old with grandparents this weekend and went sliding with the wife. It’s actually really fun. This pic is from 12:30 and plenty of untracked around, just don’t get stuck, no base and postholing every step.

@NBG, I watched the video when you posted it. So awesome! ?

I hope you guys have been well.

Hey Hey Cabby!

Good to hear from you! Can’t believe mini caboose is 6 !!  big surprise

Fred and I had 3 epic weeks in Japan in Feb and have already booked flights to go back again in 2019. Highlight was a snowcat day on Hokkaido…me, Fred and one lady skiier and 40ish cm of untouched fresh….absolutely magic! Also had some really fun days at Furano and a great day trip to Tomamu.
I had a new Jones Hovercraft to try out (first go on a proper powder board) and it was soooooo sexy! I’m legit in love.  tongue rolleye

I started my first permanent full-time job of my adult life in December oh oh and it was lucky because 3 days before we left for Japan, the landlord of the dreamy townhouse by the sea we’ve been renting for 3.5 years offered to sell it to us privately and we were able to purchase it (well half of it - my mum went halves as an investment). We are super stoked.

No firm plans for NSW snow trips yet but it will mostly likely be a few days in August/September when we can manage it. Will see if you’re gonna be around when plans start to firm up!

Here’s a little sequence from Hokkaido this feb.

Mr.h0z and I will be at perisher as usual, from end of July for a week and then again end of August!! 

Not doing as many inbetween trips this year as we have a little less spare time with mr.h0zs work schedule this season.

But can’t wait to hit the slopes!

Mr.h0z and I will be at perisher as usual, from end of July for a week and then again end of August!! 

Not doing as many inbetween trips this year as we have a little less spare time with mr.h0zs work schedule this season.

But can’t wait to hit the slopes!

At Hotham as usual for school hols with the tackers - great start to the season so far!  Did a Canada trip over Xmas, was pretty great.  Here for another week if anyone wants to go for a shred.

Hiding in my Tiny House hehehe

Heading to live in Finland at the end of the year to live for 6 months or so. Hopefully hit up Norway, Iceland, and Ruku Resort.

cords - 19 June 2018 06:34 PM

Hey Hey Cabby!

Good to hear from you! Can’t believe mini caboose is 6 !!  big surprise

Fred and I had 3 epic weeks in Japan in Feb and have already booked flights to go back again in 2019. Highlight was a snowcat day on Hokkaido…me, Fred and one lady skiier and 40ish cm of untouched fresh….absolutely magic! Also had some really fun days at Furano and a great day trip to Tomamu.
I had a new Jones Hovercraft to try out (first go on a proper powder board) and it was soooooo sexy! I’m legit in love.  tongue rolleye

I started my first permanent full-time job of my adult life in December oh oh and it was lucky because 3 days before we left for Japan, the landlord of the dreamy townhouse by the sea we’ve been renting for 3.5 years offered to sell it to us privately and we were able to purchase it (well half of it - my mum went halves as an investment). We are super stoked.

No firm plans for NSW snow trips yet but it will mostly likely be a few days in August/September when we can manage it. Will see if you’re gonna be around when plans start to firm up!

Here’s a little sequence from Hokkaido this feb.

YEOOWWW!!!! SO SICK!