The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Flying squirrel contest.

Rider26 an idea for you.  I think there should be a contest with a prize for the person who puts up the best photo of them performing a flying squirral grab.  Quite frankly i think anyone who achieves this should earn some kind of prize!  Sadly I won’t be able to enter myself but I’d love to see some shots as I’ve never flown like a squirral!

For those of you not into obscure grabs or not familiar with SSX tricky on the PS2, its like a method but you grab the heelside edge with both hands.

EDIT: as far as i’m concerned, a flying squirrel is front hand performing a method style grab, either heel edge between the bindings or just outside and then the back hand performing a mirror imaged version.  basically do a method then do a switch method (ie. use the other hand and ride switch) and then do them both at the same time.  If you imagine what this would look like it’s not so different to the position people take when flying wing suits or in fact squirrals in flight!  Jeremy props for putting up a prize and I can’t wait for some photos…..especially of mizu!

———————————————

FROM ADMIN:

This contest is going ahead. Best Flying Squirrel grab wins Dragon Goggles and Radical! Gloves. Depending on how many entries we get, we will look to increase the prize pack.

A Flying Squirrel grab is font hand performing a method, while the back hand performs a switch method. This is a double grab and both hands much be grabbing simultaneously to be a valid entry. Please scroll through the pages for exact details on how to do a Flying Squirrel grab.

Please post your entries into this thread. Aidy and rider26 will be picking the winner.

Good luck!

game on!

ollie
im in

the size/type of the prize* will determine the size of jump/cliff/rockface/etc i attempt it off…

*if there isnt one i will do it anyway

I could do a “flyin Mizu”!!!!!

Its basically where I leave the surface of the snow, and then grab my eyelids with both hands!!!!

i await footage of said flying mizu with anticipation

deanobruce - 10 June 2011 02:08 AM

game on!

Mizu Kuma - 10 June 2011 02:55 AM

game on!

Grabbing the Eyelids!!  I’ve come so close to pulling off a Flying Mizu!!  I knew i was missing something . . .

snowdragon - 10 June 2011 03:02 AM
Mizu Kuma - 10 June 2011 02:55 AM

game on!

Grabbing the Eyelids!!  I’ve come so close to pulling off a Flying Mizu!!  I knew i was missing something . . .

An integral part of the trick, dragon!!!!!

I tell you what, best photo of a Flying Squirrel by the end of the season will win Dragon Goggles and Radical! Gloves.

haha this is sweet! I’m not gonna win but I’ll give it a go!

To be eligible you have to post a photo clearly showing the grab with both hands.  raspberry

So Aidy, what are we calling it? A tweaked double grab, both hands grabbing heel edge between the front foot and nose?

Geez some people are going to eat snow because of this comp

rider26 - 10 June 2011 05:33 AM

To be eligible you have to post a photo clearly showing the grab with both hands.  raspberry

So Aidy, what are we calling it? A tweaked double grab, both hands grabbing heel edge between the front foot and nose?

Yeh I was wondering too. Is it a tweaked method and the back hand grabs around the front of the body next to the fron hand?
Or is it front hand like normal method and back hand behind the body?

Rider, good on ya for putin up a prize on this! LOL gonna be funny shit

redjames - 10 June 2011 05:35 AM

Geez some people are going to eat snow because of this comp

“Shit” is the correct terminology red!!!!

i foresee myself getting completely smashed…so worth it!

my understanding of the trick is its a method, with your trailing hand brought around in front of you to also grab the heel edge. amiright?