The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Yes 20/20 sizing?

Hi folks,

I’m keen on a Yes 20/20. Love the concept, think we’ll get on fine.

I’m 78kg / 172lbs naked.

150cm or 154cm? Sizing guide puts me right on the split.

When I’m riding it, it’s never going to be 100% powder, and I like to to bomb things quite fast if I can, and I worry about the stability of the 150cm.

Any wisdom?

thanks!!

go the 154 bro will tank a bit more pow and u rlly wont notice the difference too much tbh if anything youll go faster

Hey @bennyhaha,

You could go either way…

I’m 65kg and I have the 20/20 150. I’ve ridden it in deep pow a few times now and it provides plenty of float. @Rhys rides the 146 just fine (it used to only come in 146 and 150) and he weighs 69kg. You can read his review here: http://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/19683

The whole point of the 20/20 is to size down. It’s super wide and the Powder Hull gives insane amounts of float. I guess you should look at it like any other freestyle board, which is essentially what it is on piste. Do you want manoeuvrability and playfulness, or do you want more stability? You’re in the best position to judge that, but I don’t think you would be making a mistake one way or another. Either size will work for you and provide advantages in some regard. For me, I really enjoy riding the shorter board in the trees (I typically ride around 154/155). It’s so easy to ride tight lines and keep your momentum.

I hope that helps.

awesome. thanks guys. I went the 154. I rode it in heavy japow yesterday and it was amazing. Float for days.

I personally feel like I should have sized down because of the tightness of the terrain. It carved like a boss, a little slow edge to edge, but you can lay a trench if you want. Amazing board.

It just works.

bennyhaha - 17 January 2018 06:55 PM

awesome. thanks guys. I went the 154. I rode it in heavy japow yesterday and it was amazing. Float for days.

I personally feel like I should have sized down because of the tightness of the terrain. It carved like a boss, a little slow edge to edge, but you can lay a trench if you want. Amazing board.

It just works.

Awesome, @bennyhaha! Enjoy! shaka

Try some pow butters… one of my favourite things to do on the 20/20. ?

Ha, yeah, did that, super fun! Was waist deep in some parts last week, and you know, the board excels, particularly in the steeper stuff. It was unsinkable. Technology works.

That said, for pow, I realised that I prefer a directional board, (twin for everything else). Given that, if anyone wants to buy Ltd Globe x Yes 20/20 154cm near new for a few hundred dolla dolla off let me know. grin I’ve got my eye on the 420PH I think grin

bennyhaha - 30 January 2018 10:52 PM

Ha, yeah, did that, super fun! Was waist deep in some parts last week, and you know, the board excels, particularly in the steeper stuff. It was unsinkable. Technology works.

That said, for pow, I realised that I prefer a directional board, (twin for everything else). Given that, if anyone wants to buy Ltd Globe x Yes 20/20 154cm near new for a few hundred dolla dolla off let me know. grin I’ve got my eye on the 420PH I think grin

What was it that made you come to the realisation you don’t like twins for the powder? Or you think it was just a bit wide?

What’s your foot size if you don’t mind me asking ;p

Heya,

I just find I tend to like pointing it in one direction, and don’t find myself riding / landing switch that often. Though it’s pretty awesome riding switch in deep and not sinking like you would on a directional/setback board. Though the centred stance can be set back, it does ride better centred.

I’m a Burton size 12.