The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Acceptable Board Width and Shoe Size - Yes Basic

Hi Everyone,

First-time poster here.

I just bought a Yes Basic 155cm (The width is 251cm) and just a bit worried that the board width might not be appropriate for my shoe size after reading the size guideline on https://www.yesnowboard.com/support/sizing-guidelines

My height is 174 cm and I own a Thirty Two Lashed US10.

Has anyone ridden this board before and how did you go with the width? What size boots and what width?

Should get it changed to a wider board?
(I don’t want the board to be longer)

(Just realised I posted this on the wrong spot. How do I move it to a different thread?)

Welcome to Boardworld, @Snowmuncher.

You should be fine. Size 10 on a 251mm waist usually doesn’t pose any issues.

What is your stance width and what angles are your bindings set at?

Hey @Snowmuncher THANKS FOR SUPPORTING YES.!!!

Yup I agree with @rider26 that the waist width of 152mm will be absolutely fine, you are definitely on the right size board!

Worth also noting is that the waist width of the 156w = 259mm, and this will feel a little sluggish from ‘edge to edge’ for a size 10.

Thanks Again.

@rider26

Thanks for your reply.
Good to hear that it will be okay

I usually ride with a centered stance 22inches.
Binding angles are usually 15 degrees front foot and 9 degrees back foot.

@Snowmuncher, you will be fine. As Amine also mentioned, stepping up to a wide will be unecessarily sluggish. You’re on the right board. I hope that helps. ?

Thanks for the info on this thread.

I am also considering purchasing a YES Basic board. However, my dilemma is the opposite.

I weigh 86kg and wear a US9 K2 Darko.
I board mostly on groomed runs and powder.
I am eyeing the 158cm board, which I think will suit my weight range.
However, the waist width of the board will be 253mm, and I am worried this might be too wide for my boots.

Would anyone on here be able to tell me if that’s ok?

Thanks!

mate im sure if you look even if you go down to say a 56 the width wont drop more than a few
mills. im us10 and have ridden boards from 54-58 over the years. I rode a mates 155w ride dh
last yr in japan and did notice the extra width though, but I think it is about 8-9mm wider than
my 54 rome

Hey .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I weigh around same as you (shoe size us10) and I’m riding the 155cm

Just riding around in Australia. I have no problems riding around (no powder in Aus though). On groomed runs the board can hold my weight very well and there’s no toe or heel drag (even when I’m euro carving)

You will get more float from a wider board but it won’t be as responsive side to side and heavier when you go for jumps.

Thanks brenno - I’m glad the 253mm waist width won’t be too much of an issue.

Snowmuncher - thanks for the advice, now I am now curious whether I should also drop the board length to 155cm.

I selected the 158cm based on a few websites that suggest 158cm has a max weight range of 86kg.
http://snowboardingprofiles.com/yes-basic-snowboard-review
@Snowmuncher Would you recommend the 155cm over the 158cm?