The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Aussie snow season 2017

Anyone else starting to feel the snow bug bite?? Summer is all but gone, and were nearly 1 month into Autumn. Winter will be here before we know it. 

Who’s buying a season pass? Who’s doing weekend trips and who’s riding what mtn?

Will the season be a banger? Or a fizzer? I think we’re due for a bumper season this year!

#prayforsnow

Excitement over here! Started switching back to the snowboard vids (from the wakeboard and mountain bike vids) on youtube lately to increase the hype. Got a season pass for Perisher. Will be doing a combo of weekend trips and day trips from Canberra.

I’m hoping for a banger season - but honestly don’t care as long as there is enough snow to open up a decent number of runs. I missed last season as I was out recovering from knee surgery and I’m keen as to get back up there - there’s just something special about the vibe at the Aussie resorts even when the snow is lacking.

Yeewww!  rocker shred

#prayforsnow

While I haven’t got a season pass, nor anythin booked in, I agree with @geniass!!!!!

No matter what conditions are like, the Aussie Snow Resorts are always fun because they just have that special somethin!!!!!

Maybe it’s the smell of all the wood fires burnin at night, or the smell and look of the eucalypts, the outrageous prices for a hamburger or box of beer, or the chuckle inside I get from sitting next to the angry snowboard hatin skier on the cramped chairlift ride in the freezin wind?????

I’ll be goin for sure!!!!! ?

I’m hearing this loud and clear!  As long as we get solid coverage and the odd big dump, I’ll be keen to get amongst it again.

It looks like we will be doing Falls/Hotham over a few weekends, so I might look at a season pass.  Also got AST1 booked in for Sept 2-3 in Harrietville/Hotham.

My mate has got his place in Jindy set up now as well so there’s talk of a week at Perisher & Thredbo in early August.

Bring it on!

well they are calling el nino to hit by july. looking back at early 2000s with the strong el nino we had,
there were some good solid yrs! lets forget 06 though lol
ive also seen that despite the centre of the oz universe otherwise known as Sydney being incredibly
hot all summer, the southern states have recorded more cooler temps and NZ below average. some big lows starting to push through, id say snow for Tassie this week up high. I saw some doom and gloom report a month ago saying basically no snow for this year, but that was keeping with the narrative for the hot weather at the time. 4 weeks ago I heard a report that march was going to be hotter than feb. and the hottest on record. so far its barely 1deg above long term av lol
we have epic passes, will do around 20days this yr if snow base is good plus a weekend at methven heli. gotta give that rome MT a run @rider26 @nathcosti  v